Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im plannin to get enkei ev5 wheels.. everythin else is ok except for the offset that im not sure of. its 5x114.3, 18x8. the offsets are +45 and +38. and im getting my eibach lowering springs. which offset will fit my koup better?

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
45, I believe, is where we are now, but on a narrower wheel. So for the 38 offset, you'll be adding 7mm to the outside, plus 1/2 inch for the increased width. That may rub your fender lip. You'd be safer going with the 45.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Zeezo what program did you use for application of the wheels??? I 45 offset is what you want to go with. That's what I been seeing on other sites.

I am seriously considering TSW THRUXTON 18's....I was also looking at 19's but I think that might be pushing it.....

What do you think???

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
Im plannin to get enkei ev5 wheels.. everythin else is ok except for the offset that im not sure of. its 5x114.3, 18x8. the offsets are +45 and +38. and im getting my eibach lowering springs. which offset will fit my koup better?
Stay +45. The lower the offset, the better it looks, but it also puts more pressure on your wheel bearings and other suspension components.

I know the SXR Europas are +48 / 18x8 lowered on the eibach and they fit, and give it a nice stance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zeezo what program did you use for application of the wheels??? I 45 offset is what you want to go with. That's what I been seeing on other sites.

I am seriously considering TSW THRUXTON 18's....I was also looking at 19's but I think that might be pushing it.....

What do you think???

I used the wheel visualiser on the wheelnext's website. i guess if you're not lowering it, then you can go for 19's. i was plannin to go for 19 at first, but lookin at the sx-r changed my mind. lol. i saw someone on this forum went for 19's AND lowered his forte with eibach, and had no problem with it.

from the thumbnails, it looks great man!!

You

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey guys, I want to order 18x8 wheels with an offset of 35 or 45. I have the sedan kia.
I'm not going to lowered my car since it can break the warranty for suspension, bearing etc. So do you think offset of 35 is going to be too much?

Thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hey guys, I want to order 18x8 wheels with an offset of 35 or 45. I have the sedan kia.
I'm not going to lowered my car since it can break the warranty for suspension, bearing etc. So do you think offset of 35 is going to be too much?

Thanks
go for 45

1 - 10 of 10 Posts