Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my best friends drives a 09 civic si coupe I am NOT a civic hater and love his car but..... he has more power and will drive that fact into my face as long as possible sooo here is my question I would like to get my sx koup to that 197hp mark from my base 173hp I dont want to do anything crazy sooo was wondering what you guys think will be some decent upgrades to get me too his 197 hp. I do NOT want to turbo the car.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Get turbo kits CAI and Cat back exhaust and that will give you close to a 20 hp bump. That will be close enough to get you started. Both products have dyno sheets to back up the performance.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Price is good, they have the info to back it up. You have a nicer car then your buddy's civic si and you paid less to get so much more. take comfort in that alone. Ha good luck with your mods and keep us all posted. Pix are a must.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i say performance wise, fortesxfan21 hit it right on the nail. i agree that TK's catback is the most promising and i myself have their CAI and its beastly! those two things will help you keep up or even win against that si. i raced a buddies si and he beat me by about 3 car lengths

·
Registered
695 Posts
i say performance wise, fortesxfan21 hit it right on the nail. i agree that TK's catback is the most promising and i myself have their CAI and its beastly! those two things will help you keep up or even win against that si. i raced a buddies si and he beat me by about 3 car lengths
Were both your cars stock at the time or what? I hoping so.

·
Registered
284 Posts
fortetude, factory light to light (depending how far the light is) our SX will pull the SI off the line.

Let him bragg about how he has 24more hp, I suggest you comment back that your forte has 29 more torque.

HP sells cars, but TQ wins races. I'm not one to say 'go and race him light to light' but like I said more torque the faster your car is from a redlight.

Whats embarrassing is that the SI has 8k redline + high compression engine and only 140torque (138 on paper I believe)

Remember both hp and tq numbers are on paper only, in the real word paper specs dont mean to much.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I dont know about #'s for it, but the lightweight flywheel could also help with some acceleration, i don't have it installed but supposedly it will help you get into the powerband sooner...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ahh well you defiantly have a great looking ex. I already drove home to him about the torque difference and i think that the biggest reason we got the si on torque is displacement has an affect on the torque you produce and i think the .4 liter size difference helps out the forte. i should start doing some upgrades in april when my quarterly bonus rolls in not sure what i will do between now and then other than my "K" emblem re badging.

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Hello Fortetude,

Welcome to the board and to the hunt for your first mods. Just wanted to drop a line and let you know we are here to help if you have any questions.

Thanks for the props guys :)

one of my best friends drives a 09 civic si coupe I am NOT a civic hater and love his car but..... he has more power and will drive that fact into my face as long as possible sooo here is my question I would like to get my sx koup to that 197hp mark from my base 173hp I dont want to do anything crazy sooo was wondering what you guys think will be some decent upgrades to get me too his 197 hp. I do NOT want to turbo the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts