Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello this is IOI and this is my first post. I own an SX Koup and I have been low key, reading your posts and looking at your sweet rides. Now is time for me to vent and hopefully get some advice from Forte Koup owners.

So, AFE developed the cold air intake below. I had ordered this intake a while back ,and they had told me it was under production. I had been waiting a long time for the development/test/release of this CAI. Now I look at their webpage ,and I noticed extra print, that wasn't there before. It says.... Note: This kit will not fit Kia Forte model with fog light.:eek:
This sucks! I have a SX with original fog lights.

Now I am on a predicament. I do not want to sacrifice my fog lights, however I really would like a CAI. Love the sound.

My question is the following.... Did any of you guys had a problem, when you installed your CAI (if you have original fog lights)? I know Turbo Kit has a CAI and I would love to know if any owners of this CAI had any issues with installation. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just bought mine. They account for the fog lights. If you call them, they even ask if you have the lights so they can sen tyou the part compatible with your car.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Korsa Blue! You have a good taste, when it comes to color. my Koup is blue too! I will try to call them first thing Monday morning if they decide to work Labor day.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
They probably send you a slightly smaller filter since the one in picture looks wider than TK's and that just fits without touching the foglamp.

·
Registered
123 Posts
This would happen to me, I ordered it on the 23rd, and the guy who I talked to didn't even mention the Fog Issue. Guess I'll figure out on Monday :/

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm in the same boat here , I ordered my Takeda on 8/16 from autoanything and it went on back-order the day before it would have shipped :mad:
so I have been patiently waiting and cruising the site and also noticed the Fog light thingy:confused: , I'm calling to find out and I'll report later:D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just bought mine. They account for the fog lights. If you call them, they even ask if you have the lights so they can sen tyou the part compatible with your car.

but it looks like you have a TK cai and he's talking about the one from AFE 2 different ones

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm in the same boat here , I ordered my Takeda on 8/16 from autoanything and it went on back-order the day before it would have shipped :mad:
so I have been patiently waiting and cruising the site and also noticed the Fog light thingy:confused: , I'm calling to find out and I'll report later:D
Has yours Shipped yet? Mine went on back order on the 31st and then shipped on the second after I said my 'brothers' 'brithday' was on the 5th as was wondering if I would receive it by then after it went on back order. and all of a sudden it was shipped :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Has yours Shipped yet? Mine went on back order on the 31st and then shipped on the second after I said my 'brothers' 'brithday' was on the 5th as was wondering if I would receive it by then after it went on back order. and all of a sudden it was shipped :D

where did u get urs from?

·
Registered
123 Posts
problems

I just got off the phone with the guy from AFE , he says that that CAI will NOT fit Forte with foglights
different models in 2 to 3 month :eek: , it would actually be a short air intake sealed in the engine bay

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got off the phone with AFE and they are going to cancel my order. Like rstp72 mentioned. It's going to be another 2 to 3 months for the cai.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@bradtacdc

Right on brother. I am thinking about doing the same. I contacted INJEN and they had told me they are going to start selling the CAI in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
BACK UP!!!!!!!
I recieved my CAI from Takeda today in the mail, and for just to see if it would fit, i tried to install it on my 2010 Forte Koup w/Fogs. AND IT INSTALLED FINE. It is tight, dont get me wrong, but it is installed and does not touch any parts in the wheel well. :)
OMG IT SOUNDS SOOO SEKSYYYY :))))

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@ bradtacdc

Are you serious! Cause I got mine today and still in the box. How dificult was to install it? Any problems? Let me know ASAP friend!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just follow the instructions :) but on the part where you screw it on to the chassis part with the bracket, you will need to put another washer and bolt on the backside of the part it mounts too. But I'd put the car up on a jack before you put the CAI in because you have to snake it up through the bottom.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I will try to do mine on Saturday. Thanks for the input. The box look sick! I can't wait to open it and see the contents inside the box. It feels like Christmas in September!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.