Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I would like to find out from people on here with some knowledge on HIDs. One of my boy at my job got the hook up on HIDs and he install HIDs on my koup. It was 10K i believe but for some reason it wasn't too bright and i had a hard time seeing at night. So then he install a relay that is connected to my battery and it did improve. I was wondering, if that would be okay on the long run? this would not have any bad affects to the car? feedback please:confused:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
The Higher the K value the less light that actual pentrates forward. Quick google:
"All HID bulbs have a color temp rating in degrees Kelvin known as K value. The K value refers to the color of the light output fro the HID bulb. Color Temp is inversely proportional to light output. This means that the higher you are in the K scale the less bright the light output. a 4300K bulb may have an output of 1400 lm while a 14000K bulb may have an output of 1200 lm. This means the higher you go in the Kelvin scale the light output will decrease slightly."

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotcha. Thank you all for the feedback. As long as connecting the harness directly to the battery cause no potential problem is all i am concern about. HIDs does make your car look much sweeter at night.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
also, make sure your lights arent angled far down. when i put mine in, i had a harder time seeing too but it was because my lights were angled so frickin far down. it was almost not worth it to have the HID in cuz the halogens were better. but i fixed the angle of the light and its much much better now.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I was wondering when you guys hooked up your HIDs did you use the harnest from DD and if so where did you connect the one to the power them up I am using my left headlight but I looks to be lose. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
231 Posts
check out the dynamic diode hid thread in the for sale section. I used the harness and uploaded some pics of where everything goes. I also posted them in a thread titled HELP HID install or something like that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts