Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking my wheels off today to remove the inserts. I took off the back ones no problem. when I went to take the front wheel of my key lock snaped. How do I go about taking the locks off my wheels? :confused::(:mad:

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
if you have wheel locks.... you can try going to home depot or a store of the like and see if they have a tool thats the right size... if not im sure you can re order a wheel lock key...

·
Registered
98 Posts
You should be able to find them at Advance Auto or anywhere, they usually come in a pack of 5 or so

·
Registered
511 Posts
I was taking my wheels off today to remove the inserts. I took off the back ones no problem. when I went to take the front wheel of my key lock snaped. How do I go about taking the locks off my wheels? :confused::(:mad:
You don't have your location displayed below your avatar, but I'll bet it's not in Canada. The reason I suspect this is because I have Kia wheel locks and they are made by McGard, and I find it diffficult to believe anyone could snap a McGard lock. The Kia/McGard locks also come with a numbered registry card that allows you to order a replacement key.

All that aside, there are special sockets that are used with an impact gun to remove broken wheel locks and damaged nuts. I suspect most tire stores would have these tools because they probably run into problems like this on occasion. Phone a couple and ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts