Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
alright guys and gals, im posting this just so everybody is aware of my experience and to do their homework before ordering...

so back in the VERY beginning of April, i ordered the NEFD Sports grill off of korean auto imports in the MATTE black option(im sure you've heard of them). well i was told it could take anywhere from 2-3 weeks for me to get it. well 2 weeks after ordering and not receiving anything from them other than an email stating that i just spent $294 USD for their item, i decided to give em a call. i was told that it's custom painted and that's why its taking so long. they said that they should receive it no later than 3 weeks after the order date. understandable. its custom painted. cool right?

well another week rolls by and still no tracking number or at least an email saying its been sent, so i call again. they tell me almost the exact same thing. theyre sorry but its taking this long because its custom painted.

by now, im like whatever, i just want it. i dont give a shit how long its going to take. i'll be happy when i get it.

well today at work, i checked the tracking number and it came in! i was excited to get home. so after work, i get home, open up the box.... and its gloss black instead of matte black. it clearly states on the invoice that was sent to me and the confirmation email from paypal that i chose the matte black option. also, the inside of the grill(the back portion) isnt even painted. its that nasty grey primer bs. so that was the first oops from KAI.

second oops:
one of the screw holes, if you will, was broken.
second note on the 2nd oops is that the product itself is trash. its flimsy and about as durable looking as a piece of paper

yes there's a 3rd oops:
the grill doesnt even frickin fit!!!! wtf!?! really? it doesnt fit? at least mine doesnt.

im calling in the morning to see what can be done about the $294 cluster fuck of a problem ive gone through getting the wrong product. if everything goes the way i want, they'll be sending me a call tag to my email so i can print it up and send it back to get my money back.

i'll be back with updates but just thought i'd share with everyone what happened.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Damn they screwed up that bad??

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
That really blows man. I'm assuming you got the other version of my grille. The back of my grille is a little bit on the yucky side but it's no big deal to me. Still that's f*ked up that the grille won't fit. Definitely post some pics when you get the chance to.

·
Registered
519 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Dude, that sucks. I was hoping to see it installed.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Have a buddy who ordered a spoiler from them and it didn't fit at all and they wouldn't respond to his emails. He also had them reported, so I personally have stayed away from them.

·
Registered
519 Posts
This forum is littered with horror stories about korean auto imports

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Im not 100% sure but iv heard decent stuff about the people on ebay. Also shark racing i think has a good reputation

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Looks like you got the grill installed?
Update?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
eBay is the way to go just check the sellers rep and track record. I've bought plenty of things (new and used) and it's always worked out.

Sorry to hear aiden that's rly fkn frustrating how people can't handle a simple task

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Aidensgrand, you being a moderator and what not... I think you should make a sticky so people know that KOREAN AUTO IMPORTS is a BAD/HORRIBLE place to do business with...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Korean Auto Imports is good for basic items such as badges ect but is well known to be horrid when it comes to any body parts. The paint is always wrong, item is always damaged and half the time it never fits.

Your best bet is ebay when it comes to body items. Jayongmal and Seolfulracing are very good. In fact if they don't have the item your looking for you can ask them about it and they will try to get it.

Sorry about the bad luck and hate to say this but...good luck getting your money back. Have heard trying to exchange or return anything with Korean Auto Imports is next to impossible. =/

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
UPDATE!!!

i was able to fit the grill onto the car but had to remove the entire front bumper and its REALLLLLY tight. it still doesnt fit the car like our OEM grills(which is still unacceptable), but i was able to get it on nevertheless. KAI wasnt going to accept a return but they did refund the $50 that i was charged for paint, since they sent me a grill that wasnt painted the right way. other than that, it looks good on the car and ive decided to keep the gloss and just change out my bottom grill for the sx grill, which i'll just order from an online kia parts store.

here are pictures of the grill installed and a picture of my early birthday present :)

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
Looks good... glad you got it figured out. What LEDs r those they look huge but really good

1 - 20 of 27 Posts