Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wanted to install neon lights underneath my car, but I've never had a cool car do install it on... until NOW! (well in a few days) I was thinking some red neons to fit the color of my car... but alas I just want some other opinions.

So anyone? Comments? No feelings hurt here just some genuine feedback. :)

Also, anyone know the law for those in texas? I've heard from my friend who has a cop for a dad, that as long as they are hidden from view that it isn't illegal.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
To each their own! I personally wouldn't have a car with underglow, but if you like it, then by all means, rock on! I mean it is your car right? So %$&# what I think!

As for colours, if you have a red car, it may be best to stick with red since any other colours may clash or look odd. Pink may work too if you're into that! ;) Only real men wear pink, right?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Your best bet is to get the 3 million color led set from LEDGlow Lighting. I had my interior and exterior done on my elantra and they looked great. This way you can choose any color you like anytime you want. They're a great price and quality and very reliable.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Just a heads up on Neon... they are very well known to cause Noise in the audio systems due to their use of ballasts. Stick with LED.

Have fun!

Cheers
D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not a fan of underglow on any car. Just seems tacky to me, but if you are excited about doing it, go for it, don't let anyone tell you no. You will get labelled as a Ricer or whatever, but there are worse things to be. :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Serious caution from the Legal Department: Displaying red anywhere but the rear of the vehicle is frowned upon by police departments everywhere. If you do it, you'll need to be 100% positive the kit is mounted high enough under the vehicle so that no bulb is visible, or light is directly transmitted from underneath. Even then the officer may give you trouble as I believe those kits need to be sold as "off road, show only". I wouldn't want to drive around begging to be pulled over for inspection.

The more eye catching your car, the more eyes you'll catch. I like to stay under the radar, literally. But as stated: your car, so do whatcha want - just know when you may be outside the boundaries of the law.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ya i had my blue ones on my elantra and they are illegal in PA where i'm at but i would solely use the exterior when parked and at shows. I could run the interior all day and night if i wanted to though. That's why i wish i still lived in Ohio where it's all legal all day. so definitely check your state laws.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! I should definitely go with led lights. I'll probably have someone professional install it. That would be the better way to go right?

PS. I'm a girl! :D

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually I'm getting mine friday!!! :D Majorly excited! Hopefully they'll have another colored koup by then, but if they don't I'll probably get racing red!! Which is still awesome!

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
you guys are crazy man screw them underglow it should be for show only you come to ct with that everyone will think its a joke well....it actually is unless your...the taco bell dog

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I've kinda made up my mind. I mean its not like I am gonna drive down the street with the underlights on, begging to be given a ticket. Its just gonna be for fun and for some 'off road' action. Lol :D

What colour are you hoping for?
I was hoping for Titanium, but I like racing red too. It just depends on what the dealer has on friday. :) They said they might receive another shipment, but they can't guarantee anything. So cross your fingers!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
They don't really ruin a car unless you go overboard on it. I think they looked awesome on my elantra. I'll post pics in here in a lil bit. I plan on puttin em on my Koup as well. Just do it in moderation as all things and they'll look fine. To each there own ya know!

Sorry for crappy cell phone pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweet! I'm excited that someone else is onboard with me! And yeah definitely, as long as you don't go overboard and light up every single thing on the car. I was just thinking some subtle red leds. I'm pretty excited! After everything is done we should both post pics of the finished cars! :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts