Kia Forte Forum banner

Never heard of a front sway bar before

3K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  @cUr@-TL 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I'm browsing this website you posted, what is the point for all these different strut bars? I thought the main ones were the 2 under the hood were your struts are. And usually there's one in the trunk? Which ones are the most important and useful?

#4 ·
I'm sure it will tighten up the steering.
It is however quite pricey (IMO)

Have you checked out : ultraracing.ca

#6 · (Edited)
That is a front sway bar. if it is thicker that oem then it will help with body roll. And from what I can tell that is the only one on the market at this time. It will keep your car flater in turns, which keeps more rubber on the road. this will allow you faster lap times because you can then get on the throttle sooner. A strut bar is a little different but does something similar. Considering ultraracing.com has a rear sway bar for like $250, I think $400 is about right for the front one. Plus, like I said, I think its the only one on the market right now.
All cars have a front sway bar. Look under your car, and you will see it snaking around the back of the engine bay. the solid rear axles like ours don't actually need a rear sway bar, but it won't hurt you if you put it on. It will help a little and add a little more weight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.