Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to introduce my self I have been a mopar nut since i started driving and never thought id own anything else but i wanted to get my first brand new car but after looking at everything out there i liked the Kia Forte Koup best. I have only had it about a week now n I love it and have had nothing but compliments from eveyone (including diehard american car only ppl). I have only had black or silver vehicles but the corsa blue koups just caught my eye and loved the way it looked.

Going to try my best not too modify the koup that much as i already have a leisure vehical and thats my 78 dodge magnum t-top car but im sure a few small things will be added

Added photos to garage for anyone that wanted to see pics

Thanks for the great forum, it helped answer a few question while doing new car research

·
Registered
513 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the nut house. Be careful of some of the members though.. they bite.. *cough cough McOreo cough*

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
congrats..
Glad you like your Koup
I'm a mopar fan myself.. and just in case you did not know Chrysler did have there hand in the heart of our kia cars they help build and design the motor soo there is still some dodge in it :)

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Wow, thanks for the nugget Rainyraven. When I first sat in the red SX I test drove, I said, "Holy crap this feels like a Dodge". I knew they were engineered in California, and I assumed their engineers would consist of the laid off Chrysler folks in exodus from Michigan. I'm glad to finally have confirmation of my theory. (Dodgeboys do have more fun!)

Welcome to the site Rando! I am also a Mopar enthusiast (and a gazillion other manufacturers). I mostly dabble in the G54B 2.6 litre hemi for the Mitsubishi Starion and Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth Conquest. 3000GT is also on my must add to stable before I die list.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I really have to agree with the "never thought I'd go Kia" statement.

I knew they were improving on their cars but if you told me 5 years ago that my first new car would be a Kia I would have called you crazy. Now the problem is that I tell people I have a Kia and they either give me a look or tell me how bad of an idea it was.

It's hard trying to convince people who don't know anything about cars that they're wrong about something!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Wow, thanks for the nugget Rainyraven. When I first sat in the red SX I test drove, I said, "Holy crap this feels like a Dodge". I knew they were engineered in California, and I assumed their engineers would consist of the laid off Chrysler folks in exodus from Michigan. I'm glad to finally have confirmation of my theory. (Dodgeboys do have more fun!)

You welcome but it seems Reading more there might be a bit of a fight on who started this motor Not to steal anybodys thread.
On wikipedia they seem to say dodge is not the first.. Idk seems last month I read it was Dodge and mitshu who built this motor then sold there rights to it to Hyundai/kia

Anyway I do know dodge has a turbo verison theta 2.4 they run thats 285 h/p
for a srt4 which gets me thinking of some new ideas lol
Anyway sorry to steal your thread and I return it too you
Again glad to have you on board and enjoy your KOUP:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@sje0123 its better to keep them alive, its too hard to get blood out of carpet lol :D

its really cool to find out that chrysler had a hand in the motor design

After months of new car research i believe Hyundai/Kia are following what honda and toyota did and thats start with cheap and reliable cars and then move to making great cars, and thats whats they are doing now.

unorthodoxneon I reconize the sn from one the neon forums i used to drive 96 neon sohc

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, i've been around on alot of the Neon forums and other Chrysler forums. Drawn to Kia cause i feel that its one of the more sportier cars thats affordable and gets good gas mileage AKA NEON...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Where are you located Rando ? I'm in Trumbull County. So if you spot a Black Forte SX Sedan. It's probably me. I haven't seen any other ones around here yet. I got mine from Boardman Kia...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im in the Cleveland Area but I have family that live South of Boardman. I havent seen very many sx sedans around but starting to see alot lx and ex sedans. I have only seen 2 koups one silver sx thats in my neighborhood and a titanium one. After watching local dealers stock for a few months they seem to sell good, Im surprised I havent seen more

The rain finally let up n was warm enough for me to really enjoy the sunroof yesterday :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.