Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, you may see the same thread in french ( I'm from Qc ).

My wife just bought a new Koup SX 6 speeds auto in last month and the salesman ( young guy ) told us that Kia will bring in a few month those new update for both engines. I'm not sure if it's real or it was just a pitch for sale. (He also told me the 2011 2.4l in Forte use the direct injection and it's not true!!).

So I'm asking you if someone else heard about it ??...like I said, its from Kia directly not from reseller.

The turbo will be the same as the Sonata and everyone can add it to they're 2.0l engine (for sure installed by dealer). For the 2.4l, the chip should add +/- 60hp and should not cost a lot (and also be installed by the dealer).

Those new adds will be covered by the original waranty (always told me by the salesman ).

Personnely, like the Forte use the same frame as the Elantra, I presume we will see the new 1.8l and the 2.0l turbo next years or so.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Hmm,
well its nice to have something to dream about.
Honestly between my dealer,and others dealers there is always some talk about upgrades and turbos but I've seen nothing yet..

Come on kia show us the parts :)
Guess we will see but I won't hold my breath ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply guys....only the future will tell us...and tell me if the salesman was right...for now, I appreciate my Koup (sorry, my wife's Koup !! lol ).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Topspin, The dealer is called Sherbrooke Kia Motors, operated by Beaucage Group

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
I'm so tired of these threads.

The Kia salesmen are not nearly as informed as you'd like them to believe. They are trying to sell you a car. Most of them will say nearly anything.

Kia WILL NOT be offering an add-on turbo for ANY vehicle. Period. It doesn't make economic sense, it doesnt' make sense from a warranty perspective, and it's not going to happen. Period.

·
Registered
191 Posts
First, you may see the same thread in french ( I'm from Qc ).

My wife just bought a new Koup SX 6 speeds auto in last month and the salesman ( young guy ) told us that Kia will bring in a few month those new update for both engines. I'm not sure if it's real or it was just a pitch for sale. (He also told me the 2011 2.4l in Forte use the direct injection and it's not true!!).

So I'm asking you if someone else heard about it ??...like I said, its from Kia directly not from reseller.

The turbo will be the same as the Sonata and everyone can add it to they're 2.0l engine (for sure installed by dealer). For the 2.4l, the chip should add +/- 60hp and should not cost a lot (and also be installed by the dealer).

Those new adds will be covered by the original waranty (always told me by the salesman ).

Personnely, like the Forte use the same frame as the Elantra, I presume we will see the new 1.8l and the 2.0l turbo next years or so.
The new 2012 sedans are going to use the same engine. 2.4 with GDI with about 200hp.... The koups are supposed to be turbo also using GDi with 270 hp.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
The new 2012 sedans are going to use the same engine. 2.4 with GDI with about 200hp.... The koups are supposed to be turbo also using GDi with 270 hp.
My ass is supposed produce enough oil to start replacing Libya's production by next week too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
LOL This made my day.

As for the chip guys keep dreaming! I just "chipped" my work truck (2010 GMC Duramax) and got about 25 hp and 55 lbs of torque lol. No way in hell we get 60+hp out of our grocery getters.

·
Registered
265 Posts
no offense but unless they do some extreme work on the koup or any other forte's suspension and braking, a 270hp turbo model would just be deadly for any driver. plus i don't see it happening... putting out more power than a WRX, Ralliart, Cobalt SS, etc... not going to happen... not even Scion's supercharger package puts out that much and those cars start at 180hp now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
In regards to the Gforce chips and the like, the claim for the 60hp is false. I spoke with someone who put the Gforce Chip on his Koup 2.4L, but before he installed, had it dynoed and after the chip install, it actually dropped 15HP. Just thought I would add that.

·
Registered
453 Posts
the salesman at my spot told me the 2011s are gonna be turbo.....this is 3 weeks after i bought mine and i called bs on him and then he said its gonna be considered a 2011 1/2. and that if it comes from the dealership i can get it put on my car......bs again(kia turbos 2.0 not the 2.4). they just say shit...oh and his buddy owns a shop with a 800hp koup with a widebody kit, and the kit is about to go on sale.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ridiculous! What kind of salesperson is that... what a load of crock!

·
Registered
344 Posts
In regards to the Gforce chips and the like, the claim for the 60hp is false. I spoke with someone who put the Gforce Chip on his Koup 2.4L, but before he installed, had it dynoed and after the chip install, it actually dropped 15HP. Just thought I would add that.
Could that be because of poor tuning? Wouldn't you still need some tweaks even with a chip? I guess it depends on what the chip actually changes.

·
Registered
453 Posts
the only way your gonna get 60hp from a chip is by already having a turbo/sc.... dont believe that a "chip" will give 60hp to a bone stock car

1 - 20 of 29 Posts