Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Well, I'm the proud owner of a new Forte 5door SX in spicy red in Ottawa. Dealership said it's the first 5door they've sold.

I've had a lot of looks so far, and some dude even gave me a thumbs up. :cool:

Not planning any serious mods... I want to replace the headlights with some whiter halogens and install some switchbacks. I've already fixed the throttle and I can finally drive the damn thing without stalling or overrevving.

Looking forward to getting the 5door forum fleshed out...

Edit: Here's pics. Stupid Canadian winters getting cars all dirty...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congrats, thumbs up worthy for sure!

What's that stripe on along the body? Is that a Canuck thing or a dealer add-on?

I've not seen any manual tranny units here in So Cal, I'm planning on pulling the lever soon and considered an MT but can't find one to test drive...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know about the stripe. It might be an SX thing or a Canadian thing or a Canadian SX thing... The EX I sat in at the dealership didn't have it. It's got a carbon fibre look to it and a big FORTE logo at the back. I like the idea that it'll protect the door from dings if morons hit my door. Does nobody else have this trim on the sides?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I take it that those steel wheels are just for the winter. Yes, I would like to obtain those "stripes" as the body is vulnerable to the idiots who like to ding cars. I need to get that done on my SX.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't know about the stripe. It might be an SX thing or a Canadian thing or a Canadian SX thing... The EX I sat in at the dealership didn't have it. It's got a carbon fibre look to it and a big FORTE logo at the back. I like the idea that it'll protect the door from dings if morons hit my door. Does nobody else have this trim on the sides?
It's for sure gotta be a Canadian thing, neither of the SX or EX models I've seen here have them and I agree with the 'mule it'd be great to have them, I just noticed another ding on my wife's car (which will be used for trade in) :(

·
Registered
638 Posts
Yeah I haven't seen that little ding guard on any models here in the US. Congratz on your purchase, looks beastly with the steelies lol.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Congratulations on your new 5door Forte! Welcome to the community!

That body side molding seems to be an add-on by that particular dealership.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
It's interesting to see how there's 3 different rear ends for all 3 Forte iterations. This even has different tail lights. There's officially 4 different OE set of tail lights.

Looks like you downsized for 16" for winters too. Am I right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Huh, well, either way I like the ding guard. Certainly makes it unique!

Yeah, I've got 16" on there with the steelies for the winter. Dealership threw them in. Toyo's too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts