Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, name is LIGHTS, I'm 21 and from Long Island, and just signed a blue Koup SX today. :) I'm planning on picking her up on either Tuesday or Wednesday and I'm super excited.

Looking forward to discussing with you all.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you :)

I see your from LI as well, what county are you from? I'm from Suffolk :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome to the Forte community... I too have a blue koup SX...im originally from Long island myself (suffolk co.) ... but now live upstate NY..

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yep, I picked mine up on monday night. I am waiting for my LED kit and switchback parking lights to arrive. I'm currently upstate, but was planning to meet up with Shak soon if you'd like to meet up also.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys :)

I would totally be up for a meet, just let me know when and where :)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yeah!! Another long islander!! Welcome lights!!! I'm 19 and from Suffolk too! What part of Suffolk are you from?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Shaks! :) I'm from the Centereach area, in Lake Grove. Right by the Smith Haven Mall.. yourself?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
O wow I'm right there too in Stony Brook! I'm right behind the movie theater!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lmaooo no way haha, Wait, do you have a blue EX? Because I saw one parked by Starbucks on 347 about two nights ago lol. I go to Stony Brook Univ :)

Haha nm.. I just realized it says SX on your name.. Lulz.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Haha yea I have a bright silver koup sx fully loaded with cai, tints, debadged trunk, "koup" emblems front and back, "k" emblem for steering wheel, painted calipers and shift knob numbers (6 speed MT btw). Crazy that you live right near me. I'm assuming the Starbucks that you're talking about is the one in the Duane reade shopping center? I literally live right behind the movies and I go to Suffolk community as of right now.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ahh I see, I'll keep my eyes peeled on the road haha :) If you see a blue SX on the road with absolutely no mods.. that'll be me. Lmao.

Now.. just gotta hunt down the blue Ex.. lol.

Yep, thats the Sbux I'm talking about, I'm there literally all the time. Do you have fb?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Haha i always look for other koups but fall short most of the time lol I do not have a fb. I'm not really crazy about social networking besides this forum if this would be considered social networking so no I don't.

O yea forgot to mention that I have the Audi headlight mod too so if u see that then it's more then likely me :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha totally understood. I'm dying to get the audi headlights! But my koup's a lease.. and I don't want to cut wires so I don't know if that mod will go through. :(

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Ah a lease huh? Kinda sucks but hey at least u get to drive this car around for a few years rather a civic :) did u get yours from smithtown Kia? I don't think there was any wire cutting to be honest. My mechanic did it for me so I'm not positive but I think it's just tapping into wires not cutting them

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea.. anything but a civic... :eek:

Hmm, I mean, I would be doing them myself with a couple of other car people I'm close to, and they were pretty sure even the DIYs would require some cutting from the day time lights. But, I haven't really gotten too deep into it yet.

Oh, and I actually got my sx from Riverhead KIA.. they made us a pretty nice deal.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea well don't do anything that you might have to pay for later on ya know? The dealer might charge u for whatever u did to any wires when u turn the car in.

I got mine from generation Kia in Medford. Actually really close to where theifness lives and he got his from riverhead too so we've all crossed paths someway or another :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea, that's all I really worried about. We'll see what happens :)

I was at Generation KIA today haha, along with 112 Hyundai.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts