Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pretty sure it's a unanimous decision by now, but mine makes the same noise while idling. I got mine only 2 weeks ago and thought it was super bizarre myself. Engine is otherwise very quiet and smooth on idle though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We bought a new KIA Forte 2014 EX last night. The only thing that makes me a bit nervous about it is a bit of a rattling or you could call it ticking sound from the engine. I'm not sure where it's coming from, and it's not overly loud but is noticeable if you stand in front of the car and very slightly from the inside at idle. I've not reved the engine to see what happens to the sound then. So, right now I can only say I hear it at idle.

We heard it before we bought the car, which gave me a chance to ask to listen to another 2014 Forte on the lot before signing. It had the exact same ticking/rattle, so I chalked it up to being how they sound for some reason.

Anyone know what that ticking sound is? Prior to this, the newst car I've had was a 1999 model Pontiac, so I expect much has changed since then. Still, ticking sounds from the engine seems odd. I just want to put myself at ease if I know it's normal and perhaps what causes it. The sales guy said it might go away after the car is broke in, but my guess is not. I'll probably bring it up at the 30 day inspection.

Thanks folks!
Hi, can you hear the noise in the cabin too when idling or during decelration? Like in here

21 - 22 of 22 Posts