Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So i bought 2 sets of these and i have a 1000w american pro amplifier and i cant decide whether to do a shallow mount sub under the drivers seat or use my 12 kicker comp in a box in the trunk. I think i will be happy with this purchase.:)

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
The sub under your seat will give more seat of the pants bump, but the trunk sub might be more powerful... Try it both ways, see which you like. You say you already have a 12" Kicker, just try that out first in the trunk.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Does an aftermarket head unit maintain the function of the bluetooth buttons on the steering wheel?

As far as subs, like it was stated, trunk will be overall "louder" hits while under seat will be felt more. I'd say go trunk as the quality of sound will be better as well.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Does an aftermarket head unit maintain the function of the bluetooth buttons on the steering wheel?

As far as subs, like it was stated, trunk will be overall "louder" hits while under seat will be felt more. I'd say go trunk as the quality of sound will be better as well.
Depends on the unit, some (JVC for one) has an interface cable available to connect it to all the wheel controls and bluetooth mike.

Check with the makers of the units you are looking at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.