Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from the Ozark mountains of northern Arkansas. I'm the proud owner of an EX equipped with the high mileage option. I would have preferred an SX, but had no need for the bigger engine. The five speed automatic provided in the hi mileage option gives me more than enough gearing flexibility to deal with the hills around here. I have noticed the 2-3 upshift slip others have mentioned, but am not overly concerned because it only occurs once after each startup and can be avoided by using light throttle or manual mode.

So far most of my trips have been around 12 miles each way, and I am getting 31 mpg. I have installed Diode Dynamics HID kit on the low beams.

My only complaint is my KIA dealer is 80 miles away in Springfield, MO.

·
Registered
98 Posts
No he meant that there is an option called the "Fuel economy package" that you can get with an EX trim. it gives the car a 5sp AT with low resistance silica tires and some body modifications that lower the drag coefficient on the car. Everyone has the ECO light, thats jsut there to teach you how to drive conservatively.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,174 Posts
No he meant that there is an option called the "Fuel economy package" that you can get with an EX trim. it gives the car a 5sp AT with low resistance silica tires and some body modifications that lower the drag coefficient on the car. Everyone has the ECO light, thats jsut there to teach you how to drive conservatively.

...I don't think anyone has found out exactly what these are...LoL!!! So far it has been only in the literature.

Anyone figure it out yet?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts