Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think its more green but it could be yellow. That one is just a test one I wanted to add color to see how it would be. I need to wait for my lights to come in to start messing around with the lights.

What do you think I should do, Make it clear add colored lights or make the emblems colored and add clear lights, or make the emblem colored with colored lights?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
You'll need to paint the emblem or letters if you have the lights embedded in the gel or you will easily see the light source as a pin point and not spread over the emblem.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yea, I'm gonna need some ideas on what I should do.

I would use black epoxy (or whatever the stuff you used is) for the background and leave the letters (or whatever the design is gonna be) clear and add an led to light up the clear part. just use a little black to fill just the front of the background and make the entire back clear...so the light will travel through the whole emblem. just try to hide the led for sure. JMO!!!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
BTW...I think you did an awesome job!!!!!! You could market it!!!! PM me for details.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
You'll need to paint the emblem or letters if you have the lights embedded in the gel or you will easily see the light source as a pin point and not spread over the emblem.
If the back is heavily frosted it would diffuse the light from the source...

Just sayin' :)

(Looks REALLY good, BTW...)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
You could also use those led that light up sideways and don't light directly away from the tip. Can't remember what they call those type.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
or- since there are already light up KIA emblems where the light up is the KIA and the ring around the emblem.....
glow the background and make the KIA and ring light in a subdued opposite color.....

(just an idea- i aint an interior designor ya know- lol)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I made a mold and poored some stuff into it and added colored dye into it. Did KIA to see if it will work now I am doing just a normal oval mold so I can cut into it and make my own design.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I made a mold and poored some stuff into it and added colored dye into it. Did KIA to see if it will work now I am doing just a normal oval mold so I can cut into it and make my own design.
Glad to hear this, I really thought you went through all this trouble just to make a emblem you already had. I was like... Dude wtf.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
actually- i had an interesting thought--- those light up wires- not the LED ones...
the EL (?) ones- embed those wires into the gel (different colors and hooked up to one of those fader/flasher thingies) might be interesting ??

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
if done correctly el wire would look good. just make sure you know how to us el wire before you use it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well Tampa I wouldnt be able to do that, the cops would be all over me and I was thinking of doing different colors but I wouldnt be able to do red or blue because those are emergency colors. So I was thinking of doing green or yellow or just clear. I just can't wait to get my lights it to start putting them in my molds and making my own emblems.

·
Banned
75 Posts
my gf said "it looks like a booger"... lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts