Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forte Forums

Just picked up my first Kia, a 2010 Forte SX Sedan. I had been looking for a fuel-efficient vehicle that still had some "sporty" to it for quite some time and was honestly surprised by what the Kia has to offer.

About 15 months ago I sold my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited and bought a new '09 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab. I was in the process of having a house built and needed something to haul everything from furnature to landscaping and still fit the family. The Frontier did it all fine but eventually, eveything was moved and I got tired of $55 fuel fill-ups every 4 days.

I wanted something that offered better mileage seated 4/5 people and was at least a little sporty and a good value for the money. I spent all of New years weekend driving and evaluating several different makes and models and just couldn't find a good fit. On the way home I passed a Kia dealer and thought "What the hell", and pulled in to see what they had to offer. I immediately was hooked on the Forte, but the first dealer I went to had very few on the lot. So I drove across town and found a dealer with 8 - 2010's in stock and 15 - 2011's. Initially I wanted an '11 Forte 5 but couldn't find one with the features/Colors I wanted. The dealer told me he could either order me the 2011 I wanted or make me a killer deal on one of the 2010's in stock. I spent about an hour looking at and driving the 2010's and stumbled across a 2010 Copperhead SX A/T in the corner of the lot with Leather, Homelink miror and a Rear Spoiler from the factory. I liked it a lot...it's stickered for $21,430, I offered $2,000 cash and trade in my Frontier (which was paid off). They agreed and I walked out a Kia owner.

As a long-time Subaru customer (my wife's 2011 Forester is our 15th Subaru) it was a hard decision to check out other makes, but the SX trim gave me all the goodies I thought I'd have to do without without settling for less. I've had the car for a week now and am very satisfied with my purchase...and I'm still on my first tank of gas! :)

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Welcome Opiewho! I'm not too far from you since your in Riverview. I'm near Apollo Beach. Did you get your SX from Century? Brandon had hardly nothing.

Great to hear someone has a forte around here especially copperhead.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Welcome Opiewho! I'm not too far from you since your in Riverview. I'm near Apollo Beach. Did you get your SX from Century? Brandon had hardly nothing.

Great to hear someone has a forte around here especially copperhead.
welcome also!

:) i have a blk SX Koup,stick, got it at the brandon dealership in june- (it had only been listed on the website for about 4 hrs when i saw it-it was still wrapped in plastic when they rolled it around)

i live up in the north tampa/edge of carrollwood area

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Copperhead_Koup - Yes, I got it from Century, much better dealer experience than Courtesy in Brandon. Since you are close you might see me on Big Bend Blvd!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Tampajoey- wow, still in plastic! thats awesome.
Opiewho - yep, i live right there. yea century was so friendly and easy going. i said i wanted the internet price and got it. the smoothest transaction we had ever. it was driven straight from the showroom in august.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts