Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
use adhesion promoter and semi flat black and paint that ugly front chrome grille surronding i did it and it made my forte look even better,then you might want to paint those calipers too.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
use adhesion promoter and semi flat black and paint that ugly front chrome grille surronding i did it and it made my forte look even better,then you might want to paint those calipers too.
Working on the grill options (if I paint it I will be using Fusion paint that does not require any promoters) ALSO......look 3 posts up I just painted the calipers with Ceramic Caliper Paint

·
Registered
22 Posts
well after i already painted mine i heard about some kind of cover you can put over the caliper instead painting and having to worry about contaminating the brake,mine are fine but i wish i knew before,and as far as the grille im going to repaint with fusion thanks for the advise.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Working on the grill options (if I paint it I will be using Fusion paint that does not require any promoters) ALSO......look 3 posts up I just painted the calipers with Ceramic Caliper Paint
one thing about the ceramic caliper paint thats what i used but i have used it on other cars and about 6 to 7 months after they start looking dirty or faded and need a respray.

·
Registered
22 Posts
if you are doing grille options would you possibly know if i can put the mesh on the bumper and or grille from a 4 door on to my 5 door because i dont want aftermarket i just want that flat mesh surface like the koup or the 4 door sedan the front end would look so mean if i change that mesh if you look at your front end you will notice how the 5 door kinda sticks out almost 3d esh

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
well after i already painted mine i heard about some kind of cover you can put over the caliper instead painting and having to worry about contaminating the brake,mine are fine but i wish i knew before,and as far as the grille im going to repaint with fusion thanks for the advise.
caliper covers are very nice, but they would be a waste of money on this car since it's my daily driver.

The paint I used was the brush on type. It is much better than the spray and you have less worries about getting over spray on things. Not to mention the brush on goes on mush thicker and lasts 12-18 months even in NE Winters

one thing about the ceramic caliper paint thats what i used but i have used it on other cars and about 6 to 7 months after they start looking dirty or faded and need a respray.
see above

if you are doing grille options would you possibly know if i can put the mesh on the bumper and or grille from a 4 door on to my 5 door because i dont want aftermarket i just want that flat mesh surface like the koup or the 4 door sedan the front end would look so mean if i change that mesh if you look at your front end you will notice how the 5 door kinda sticks out almost 3d esh
I have been told by the parts department at my Dealer that they fit....take that for what it is though....won't know till I try

I dont care what the koupheads say about the 5 door it is just as good as the koup and sedan with more room and its smaller than both of them.
I like them all myself.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Yeah, the probably do fit. Sorry, I think I had something else on my mind that day.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Looking good! I wasn't sure about the bronze when I first got mine, but now I really like it. The only color I'd rather have, I think, is the red...

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.