Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...just introducing myself. I just bought a 2011 Forte 5. Love the car so far except.....

I was driving it home from the dealership after signing the papers and a deer runs into my front left fender...destroying it! $850 in damages. Dealership should be finished with it in the next day or two.

I live in Tulsa, OK. I don't PLAN on modding the car much except I will be hooking up a Bluetooth OBD II reader so I can connect it to my phone (Samsung Captivate) and read all the stats and any CEL's that might come on in the future.

It's a pretty car. I chose the red color. I will get some pics going.

I'm selling my 2004 Mazda RX8 if anyone's interested :D

Thanks!

Derek

·
Registered
105 Posts
Double ouch! Yeah the spicy red is pretty nice looking, there's an SX down the street at the Kia dealer. I made the mistake of driving it twice, now I want it almost as much as the salesperson wants to sell it to me! I'm holding out for titanium in base level SX trim.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,847 Posts
Double ouch! Yeah the spicy red is pretty nice looking, there's an SX down the street at the Kia dealer. I made the mistake of driving it twice, now I want it almost as much as the salesperson wants to sell it to me! I'm holding out for titanium in base level SX trim.
Hold out! Don't give in...LoL

OP Let us know when the car is finished -- we'll be surprised if they are able to get all the parts that are needed -- the car is so new that some people have had to wait weeks to get replacement parts to get their Fortes on the road again!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Deer are the most dangerous animals in the U.S. today. More people are killed in deer accidents than from any other animal. I don't know who thought it was such a neat idea to introduce these in large numbers but they must have been a lobbyist for the auto body business. The only worst thing out there is the feral hog which you can shoot 12 months out of the year in all 50 states. I wish they would do the same thing to these "pretty" pests that infest our forests and even our cities today. "Bambi" is a serial murderer.

I've got them all over the place, but knock on wood, I've never hit one. Have come close in over a million miles of driving and my luck will probably run out one of these days.

As Bill Clinton might say, "I feel your pain." I also have one of these beauties in ebony black with 900 miles on the clock. I'd be mighty pissed if this happened but I guess I've just been lucky. Hope you get it back up and running soon. These are really super great automobiles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts