Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum friends. Just got a pretty good deal on a 2010 Forte sedan EX, titanium with the dealer body kit and homelink/auto dimming mirror. I'm new to the whole forum thing, go easy on me please.
A couple of questions:
To all the Titanium colored owners out there. Does your paint color seem more brown then gray? Or is it just the way the light shines on it?

And also, I've been doing some browsing on the site and noticed someone put an LED to shine into the iPod tray. Looks great. It is very dark down there and I would like to do this as well. My question is, how hard is it? Now take into consideration I have never taken apart a dash or ran wire. Is this mod something a noob can do?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Did you get titanium or bronze? The titanium is very much a gun metal. I believe the bronze is metallic and looks brown at certain angles.

Regardless, congratulations!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely got the Titanium. I can tell it's a gun metal/gray color. Just seems to have a brownish tint to it. But I think it is the way the sun was hitting it.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
During sunset, all titaniums that i've seen look brownish. but anyways, congrats on your great buy. and the ipod LEDs are really easy if you're a noob. I was the noobest noob ever but i got the hang of it quickly. so you can do it easily. I'm here if you need help.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have Titanium...Has never looked brown to me. I also have the ipod tray LEDs...Isn't very hard and I didn't have to take apart any part of the dash. Just careful re-routing through the cracks of the dash. Took me literally 5-8 minutes to do and I am in no way experienced.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Have to wait until the weekend, but you make sound easy. Won't be a whole weekend job. Going to get the windows tinted also. Pretty stoked on the new car. Switched over from a V8 truck. Not as much power, but a heck of a money saver in gas. Eventually I'll get the fog lights and wheels and tires. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Welcome!

Do you live in Canada or California?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
California

·
Registered
587 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on ur new ride :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not sure. Tint is the first thing. My car came with no tint at all. Not even on the rear windows. So tint, wheels, tires. Probably an intake and a decent exhaust. I don't want something loud and annoying. More higher performance sounding. Something like Infinity's? Not sure. Any recommendations?

·
Banned
203 Posts
I'm not sure. Tint is the first thing. My car came with no tint at all. Not even on the rear windows. So tint, wheels, tires. Probably an intake and a decent exhaust. I don't want something loud and annoying. More higher performance sounding. Something like Infinity's? Not sure. Any recommendations?

should of got a g35, wish i did

·
Registered
211 Posts
well ark, solo, tk has the exhaust some of it is overpriced but hey to each there own im getting tint on thursday and i have a custom intake but yeah sounds like you have the right plan i too long for an exhaust but right now im struggling with the audio system and my awesome speakers not fitting:(

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well ark, solo, tk has the exhaust some of it is overpriced but hey to each there own im getting tint on thursday and i have a custom intake but yeah sounds like you have the right plan i too long for an exhaust but right now im struggling with the audio system and my awesome speakers not fitting:(
Did you have the speakers from a previous car? Or did you get them and not check to see if they were compatible? In any event that sucks. I think the stock speakers are decent for now. I have a 12" JL Audio sub I'm going to wire and put in the trunk. Eventually save for a better all around system.

What level tint are you going to get? I made an appointment for Monday, still undecided on how dark. In SoCal the law is 75% in front and whatever on the back windows.

·
Registered
695 Posts
75% in the front?? You windows get darker from having dirt on the windows compared to the tint. Here in Virginia 50% is legal, I went with and regret it once in awhile, wish I had gone 35%

I also used JL have a dual 10" JL setup in the trunk.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know, it's a little ridiculous. I figured a quick rolling down of the windows when a cop is near should do. The weather allows it about 360 days a year here. haha
We'll see, I'll probably just ask the shop what the norm is.

·
Registered
644 Posts
75% in the front?? You windows get darker from having dirt on the windows compared to the tint. Here in Virginia 50% is legal, I went with and regret it once in awhile, wish I had gone 35%

I also used JL have a dual 10" JL setup in the trunk.
Here in NY the limit is 70%, I went with 20% and don't regret it at all ;D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.