Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a Forte EX Sedan w/ sunroof package 2 weeks ago on a Friday. The day after I bought it I noticed a small deep scratch by the gas cap lid. I call up the dealer and they tell me to bring it the following Thursday. So I brought it in last week crack of dawn and it's pouring rain so they won't work on it. Set up another appt. to bring it in yesterday (Thursday), it's the only day the paint people are here at the dealer. It takes all day to fix the scratch because the amount of cars that need to be painted. Went to pick it up today and there's compound between the back panel and the bumper. There's no shine to the paint on where the worked on it (I have a metallic paint).There's compound, for some reason on my steering wheel, driver side door near the window, and on the driver-side mirror. AND to top it off, there's F*@#$&G clear coat on my sunroof and my windshield! So here I sit in the dealership waiting for them to attempt to take the clear coat off of my windshield so I can drive it home. They gave me the option to bring it back on Monday to have their bodyshop fix the issues, and if I don't like the work done they'll get me a brand new car. This current one only has 512 miles on it. I guess I should mention that this is at Kia Of Wilmington in Delaware. Now one of the managers her (Mike Finegan) is awesome and he's the one that gave me the option to get the new car. So I'm livid that I have to deal with this crap. But kinda thrilled with the fact that I'm getting a brand new one.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Ok...
First, Bienvenue !!

Now... when i read the topic, i thought it was some kind of mecanical issue or stuff like this. Seems u have problem with the paint guys at the dealer. Seems they took the clearcoat from the quarter pannel and they put it on the sunroof.

Personnaly, i'd take an other car idem to yours if avalaible.

good luck with it ! Keep us updated !

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
WHAAAAT?? my car had like 3 scratches right off the showroom floor no promise to fix and yeah your luckkkkkyyyy!
dam it wish I would of been that lucky lol

·
Registered
204 Posts
Welcome, and sorry about the problem. It's not a problem with the car though. Someone scratched it and now you have morons working on it. Take the new car if you can and don't ever have any further body work done at that dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to add in the other reason I took it in. There was a slight tapping/clicking noise everytime I hit a bump in the road (like someone tapping a pencil point on a table) that came from the ceiling. It turned out to be the glue from the sunroof's wiring harness had come undone and was vibrating. So they fixed that by re-gluing the wires back into place on the roof. The misses just found out about the paint situation and boy was that fun conversation! But yeah got the car back, and they attempted to remove the clear coat from the windows and I was pretty much a FAIL. It's on all seven windows and even on the exterior mirrors. It now looks like I have a constant layer of pollen on my windows.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had problems w mine when I got it to the pin striping was messd up found a small dent on the drivers door a cpl scratches and the passenger door panel was scratchd on the inside they fixed everythin but couldn't get all the marks off the door panel were gonna get me a new panel but it was gonna take too long. Mine only had 30 miles on it I still woulda taken a new one but I got the las copperhead koup and they couldn't find any at any other dealships around me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@ The-Forte, stay away from Porter Kia in Newark, DE as well. Had stuff stolen from my car when I took it there. That situation still hasn't been resolved because they don't have cameras in the lots or service bays.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I just wanted to put this out there, Thank-you KIA Corporate for listening in. I'm guessing if it wasn't for this thread, things wouldn't be happening the way they are at the dealership. But regardless of how much effort is being put into rectifying the situation, no one should have to deal with this much frustration when purchasing a brand new vehicle. I'm tired of having to drive to the dealership to drop off my new car and get some c#@p loaner. I bought a new vehicle so I didn't have deal with the whole spending hour upon hour at the dealership or repair shop. I'm regretting the fact that I even bought the car now because of all of this. It's a shame KIA doesn't run that handshake deal that Dodge runs for their RAM. I just want my car, and I want it to be right. I feel like it's tainted now because so much has gone wrong with it so far. I'm just waiting for the next thing....

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had a paint chip on my EX and my wife saw it when I bought it. They said they would fix it and I said "hell no, you mail me the TU pen and I'll do it myself". I don't like anyone near my car unless it's a have to. In my life experience I've learned about service folks failed attempts and screwing up something else while trying to fix the orig problem. With most of them, what they don't f_ck up, they sh_t on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts