Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all. I just recently purchased a Kia Forte EX (don't know what the diff is between the LX except option of fuel kit) and my fiance purchased a Kia Rondo. Got us on the ole two for deal. I have read a lot of the grumblings on this forum about quality with Kia's, but honestly, this little baby got me out of a 1990 Buick Century with 95K that had one foot in the grave. The dealership actually took it as a trade (I guess to be nice). So, this lil guy is a huge upgrade. Beside the fact that the tranny likes to take naps on hills or gives me a mild whiplash when going from 1st to 2nd gear, I love it so far. I drive for a living so I have to enjoy my half a lifetime I spend in a car. One of the reasons I got this puppy was that the trunk is huge for a small car. Also, it came with Bluetooth which was sweet. Hey, I know this isn't a super car or even half of a luxury car, but it was pretty cheap and is my first new car I ever was able to buy! So, my friends, I will check back in shortly to let you know if I am still pleased in the next couple thousand miles, but so far, the ride is nice.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Congrats and welcome :)
I too have TWO Kias' ......I have the Koup and my wife has the Sedona.
I've had this car since Nov 09' and I'm lovin it...

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Congrats! I love my baby too! I'm looking forward to lots of time with her too! :) You'll love ur ride I guuuuarantee it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the kind words! Yes, I am a huge Phillies fan... I gave up on the Eagles a couple years ago, but I still follow them with my left eye. Oh, I forgot to mention, that I feel like the bus driver in the movie Speed trying to keep the ECO light on. Have to keep it at a steady pace. If you hit a bump or accelerate or decelarate even one mph it goes out. Oh, also, I had a question... what is the actual maint interval for these kia's to keep the warranty? The manual says 7500 miles, but I thought I remember the dealer telling me 3000 miles just like the oil sticker says on my windshield. Still turning heads (even with hubcaps on!) and causing envy to my co-workers!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey forteforme, a Kia Cerato (Forte) EX is my first new car too! Though I sold my Suzuki Vitara '98, it did break my heart seeing it go away! :(

About the maintenance, I was wondering the same thing too. People have asked me if I'm taking it after the first 1 000 km; I only remember the dealer telling me every 5 000 km or 3 months... Guess I'll have to make a call Monday morning!

Yeah, I know how you feel; people do turn their heads to get a good look of our sweet rides. Such a nice feeling, haha!

I hope you enjoy your car, too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts