Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone! I'm new here; my Kia Forte EX (it's called Cerato over here in Panama) just turned 1 week old today :) Was thinking on getting SX, but the extra $2k were nonexistent for this broke Med student...

So far I REALLY love this car. I joined this forum because there seems to be a lot of information -- I actually came looking for two things: info about the iPod cable and a strange noise my car makes from time to time. More on that later.

Like I said before, I LOVE IT. It's red (unique in my country), has got a 1.6L engine (LX to SX, they all carry the same here) and some nice amenities. I'm really happy for the price I paid for all the extras and the looks this car has. I mean, wherever I go I get people staring at me, trying to figure out what car this is. When I told my friends, no one knew about it; now that they've seen it, they are lusting after it (Civic no more!). Other drivers even catch up to me to get a better look... Finally I've got a car that gets so many compliments! :cool: :D

Now, if I can get anyone to help me out... there's a noise my car makes sometimes; I can't even reproduce it every time I want. When I'm going downhill and I'm braking to stop, there's like a flapping noise (like plastic on plastic) coming from the driver's side front fender. It appears other times, too, but I haven't got it for a while. Am I the only one with this problem?:confused: It's my first Kia (coming from a Suzuki), and I'm worried about car quality and such.

Thanks for your help and if I need to post somewhere else, please let me know.

·
Registered
260 Posts
got the same problem for the 1st 2 weeks i got the 2.4 sooo i just riipped 100 miles on the highway and everything got in place i guess lol .

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome sirrrrrr !!! ;)

Nick

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the welcome, guys! :)

One question... is the Soul iPod cable the same as the Forte iPod cable?

cyberalex, I guess I'll have to take it to the highway too :p

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I found today that the passenger's side fender is loose. I guess that's making the noise...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats on the new ride mate! I also do get lots of looks when I drive the car, even more than what I used to get when I drove much more expensive cars like the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado or the 5-series Bimmer! Hope you'll get your fender fixed and enjoy all your time with new car :)

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
welcome to the community!
As far as I know, you can use the Soul ipod cable in the Forte.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@numerouno, thank you! It's two weeks old already and just went over the 500 km mark yesterday. Wow, you've driven some really nice cars. Haha, now that you say so, this week a bunch of fellow students literally drooled after my car when I passed by them. Was so funny looking at their faces on the mirrors :) I'll get it fixed on my first check up.

@Koup SXR, thanks :) Yeah, I found out that 'they both' have the same part number = it's the same thing. BTW, sounds like a pretty nice ride you've got!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts