Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new 2022 Kia Forte LXS (I had a Kia Optima). I can't seem to pair my android with the Forte.
I downloaded the Android Auto app, it does download all my contacts, etc. but never able to pair.
For some reason, it only works if I plug in my phone charger. Is this the way it is?? Dealership couldn't figure it out either.

Any help??

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte GT2 Steel Grey
379 Posts
With wireless you have to plug it in to set it up. Do you have 2 different USB ports in your center console? If so one connects the phone to the stereo for AA and Carplay and the other is for charging.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I did a quick search and the LXS is supposed support Wireless Android Auto (according to the internet).

Have you taken a look at your owner's manual? I'm sure it describes in detail how to make it work.
Yes I did the same. Was hoping someone had first hand knowledge
It goes thru all the process but never pairs. "Unable to pair".
Thanks for looking into it though.
Well, I did a quick search and the LXS is supposed support Wireless Android Auto (according to the internet).

Have you taken a look at your owner's manual? I'm sure it describes in detail how to make it work.
Hey thanks! I'll try that!

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte LXS Fire Orange
195 Posts
This may be too simple, but I had trouble pairing my Android phone to my LXS. With me, it seems, I have to manually turn on Bluetooth on the phone and then try to pair.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This may be too simple, but I had trouble pairing my Android phone to my LXS. With me, it seems, I have to manually turn on Bluetooth on the phone and then try to pair.
2018-2022 Kia Forte Bluetooth Pair Phone to Car - YouTube
Thanks Randym - My Bluetooth is always on. So far, it pairs if I have my phone charger plugged in, which is strange to me, but what I want to really know is, is that the only way I can use my phone, GPS, etc.? Or is there a way that I don't have to use the charger. I guess I'm still used to my optima 😔

1 - 10 of 10 Posts