Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Forte GT DCT GT2 Gravity Grey
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery! 2022 Forte GT DCT with GT2 package, Gravity Grey!! Put 120 miles on it on the drive home! (Dealership was 2 1/2 hours away) Was a much much much more fun drive home then the drive there. I think I’m in love already only have one pic from the dealership, it’s dark already :/ so more will come!

Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,425 Posts
Are the front turn signal indicators on top of the headlights?

I found the answer to my question

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
336 Posts
Congrats! You're the 1st I've seen with the refresh GT.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yep, that's a mighty good-looking ride, and the GT2 Package puts that car right over the top. Enjoy! (like I really need to say that hahaha). Hey, while I have your attention, what brand/model tires came on it? I saw a couple of comments somewhere while I was researching and heard that it didn't come with all-weather tires, which in the Missouri winter would be a bad thing. The car's still in transit, and we only have the $500 hold on it so far, so there's still time to work with the dealer. Did I mention that's a nice ride you have there?

·
Registered
2020 Forte gtline
11 Posts
I am replacing my kumho majesty solus tomorrow. I did not enjoy my last Nebraska winter with them on, most in stopping issues. After reading reviews and such I decided to get the michelin cross climate 2.

·
Registered
19 Posts
After reading reviews and such I decided to get the michelin cross climate 2.
So, what happens to the original tires? I thought that although they got good reviews all around, they looked a little lightweight for winter. We're South of you (West-Central Missouri) but my daughter plans to drive up to visit another daughter near Omaha occasionally. I'm all about her car wearing the appropriate tires when she takes on that little excursion. Seems kind of pricy though, just going out and getting new tires already. What am I missing?

·
Registered
2022 Forte GT DCT GT2 Gravity Grey
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
It snowed a little overnight and on my drive home today, it was light but I felt as comfortable as I did in my focus. I’m a Bills fan though so I’m used to driving in snow all the time. I wouldn’t want to really put this through the snow like I did the focus but that’s just cause I like this car a lot more lol. Luckily the wife works from home so I can always take her RAV4 😂

EDIT - I’ve driven on all seasons in Western New York all my life, if you drive properly in accordance with the conditions there is no concern.

·
Registered
2020 Forte gtline
11 Posts
So, what happens to the original tires? I thought that although they got good reviews all around, they looked a little lightweight for winter. We're South of you (West-Central Missouri) but my daughter plans to drive up to visit another daughter near Omaha occasionally. I'm all about her car wearing the appropriate tires when she takes on that little excursion. Seems kind of pricy though, just going out and getting new tires already. What am I missing?
I am going to keep them since they only have 8500 miles on the set. We are getting snow Friday night so it will be interesting to see if I notice a difference. Yeah, they are not the cheapest things. But I got a great deal on black friday.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’ve driven on all seasons in Western New York all my life, if you drive properly in accordance with the conditions there is no concern.
Learned to drive near the Poconos in PA, and have driven extensively in MA and upstate NY, so like to think I get exactly what you're saying. Good to hear. Hopefully, my daughter has been paying attention to my driving guidance and everything will be fine. She's negotiated black ice in MO several times already and has come out unscathed, so I probably shouldn't worry. Maybe I'll take a test run on a slick day. And mysticsstitch, I won't forget about those Michelins. They sound pretty stout for all-weathers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts