Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be honest, I have no clue what I got myself into. This car is actually my 9th vehicle. I'm coming from a 450HP GTO. I went the Forte route because the gas milage was outstanding, and the sporty look was hard to beat.

Looks like a great community here! Knowing myself this car will go from stock to bagged, or turbo soon. (I swear its a disease, i cant keep my damn hands off of cars).

Quick question:

Are the springs on the Forte progressive or linear? Im going to do some research but i was hoping for a quick answer!

Speed Safe!

-Leroy

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
North Texas????? Somewhere around Lubbock????
I bet coming from a 450 horse GTO to the lame-o four banger is a serious letdown, but these engines do have a lot of power for their size.

I believe the springs are linear, but I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I'm sure it's a big change from the GTO, but the Forte is an awesome vehicle in its own right.

In any case, at least you've got chicken, right? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Welcome! Looking forward to see what you do to your ride. Do you have the sedan or the Koup?

I don't know what the stock springs are but the Eibach lowering springs and I believe the H&R lowering springs are both progressive from what I've read. If you're going to mod your Forte, you'll most likely end up with one of those springs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, fellas (and ladies)

Im actually 30 minutes north of Dallas.

The Kia holds nothing on the power of my old car, but thats not why i bought it. I needed something with more creature comforts and up to date tech. Im digging the Blue Tooth feature as well, coming from a car with not even an iPod out im smitten.

I actually bought a blue Koup. I definitely plan to add my small touches, but im not sure how far i want to take it!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Yes please try for the texas meet in june. Its going to be loads of fun. We've a big kia crowed in the DFW area. Also in the end of april we've got a ride to galveston. Several dallas members are going including houston members and some san antonio and austin members. Should be a lot of fun. Pictures at the beach at night and while were cruising. Anyways, warm welcome and nice to have another texas koup owner!

·
Registered
46 Posts
All these DFW Fortes that when i get mine i will look like every car on the road when i move there.... Here i only see Fortes when i drive by the dealer lol

Nice looking car BTW... Cant wait to see what goodies you have in store for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts