Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at Forte pictures and saw this Forte GT that's the best looking forte I've ever seen and decided I had to be part of the forum too. I've never had a kia before. I recently became a father & since they don't make car seats for my bike & my girl can't drive stick, I decided to just get a new car. Came down to a camaro & the kia. Camaro just wasn't as practical. So I got a 2021 Kia Forte GT-line. I wanted the GT but they didn't have any available. I got the looks but not the "go". I am okay with that tho. I really love the car. I'm actually surprised how much I like it. Its not huge, great on gas and I think looks great. I plan on doing some stuff to it as well. I have rims from my mazdaspeed 6 that will fit it too but not putting them on til next summer.

Can anyone tell me what bulbs I need to change my headlights, turn signals, reverse lights and fog lights to LED? That's my first goal, along with the new kia badges because they're dope! Thanks for any info!

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,901 Posts
Welcome to forteforums!

Good choice too...sporty, great gas mileage (you'll need that!), and a long warranty!

Make a note of the fact that your Kia senses bulb wattage - if you're going to install LED bulbs they'll have to be "CAN bus" or have internal/external resisters or else you'll get warnings in the dash that your lights aren't working. What is a CAN bus bulb? (askinglot.com)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Autozone, O'Reilly's, Napa, Pepboys, Advanced auto parts, Walmart online or in person store.

Sylvania.com
DDMtuning.com
Theretrofitsource.com
HIDplanet.com
Carid.com

Hope this helps.

When you get new lights/mods post them before & after pics.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
392 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the kid and the car. If it was mine, I WOULD NOT change anything electrical because of the problems that can arise is it's not done correctly. I'd just stay with the factory lights and save the money for the baby. Trust me, you're going to need more money than you have for a child.

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
536 Posts
Welcome! White lights make it look more classy and luxurious.

Perhaps this will help. This is for the Australian Cerato. I think for the North American Forte the front DRL's for the non-GT are P21W/1156?

Bulbs that need to be Canbus friendly:
  • Headlights
  • DRL
  • Signal Lights
  • Brake lights
  • Reverse lights

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Land vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Automotive design Bumper Trunk Automotive exterior Fixture

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,901 Posts
Update: U.S GT models use LEDs as Map and Dome lights. These are modules - not individual light bulbs - and are replaced as a unit:

UPDATE TO UPDATE: SEE POST #8 below!

Automotive lighting Bumper Fixture Motor vehicle Automotive design

I wanted to replace these with red LEDs in my GT and found out after buying red LED FESTOONS that they have to be replaced as a unit.

Reactions: Arith

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
536 Posts
Update: U.S GT models use LEDs as Map and Dome lights. These are modules - not individual light bulbs - and are replaced as a unit:
I wanted to replace these with red LEDs in my GT and found out after buying red LED FESTOONS that they have to be replaced as a unit.
I wonder if it's a companion of the ambient lighting? Or are all GTs LEDs for the map and dome?

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I wonder if it's a companion of the ambient lighting? Or are all GTs LEDs for the map and dome?
This should make it clear as mud!

LEDs NOT available on FE and LXS models. LEDs Standard on EX, Optional on GT-Line and optional on GT - so you have to look to see what you have!

Product Rectangle Font Line Slope

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
536 Posts
This should make it clear as mud!

LEDs NOT available on FE and LXS models. LEDs Standard on EX, Optional on GT-Line and optional on GT - so you have to look to see what you have!
Ahh, ok. In a way it's nice that it's already included. But in the sense of customizing it sucks, because as you said, trying to change it to a color of your choosing is impossible.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Ahh, ok. In a way it's nice that it's already included. But in the sense of customizing it sucks, because as you said, trying to change it to a color of your choosing is impossible.
EXXXXXXXXXXXXACTLY! The LED lighting is a module so you can't just install LED bulbs in a color you want...(n)

I doubt the aftermarket will come up with a replacement module in different colors because the price would inhibit sales.

If it goes out under warranty no problem - but if no warranty the module retails for $119, on sale $83...just for dome light!!!

• Wow

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
536 Posts
EXXXXXXXXXXXXACTLY! The LED lighting is a module so you can't just install LED bulbs in a color you want...(n)

I doubt the aftermarket will come up with a replacement module in different colors because the price would inhibit sales.

If it goes out under warranty no problem - but if no warranty the module retails for $119, on sale $83...just for dome light!!!
Makes me wonder if it does crap out outside of warranty, if you can retrofit the non-LED version from a junked non-GT model.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Makes me wonder if it does crap out outside of warranty, if you can retrofit the non-LED version from a junked non-GT model.

If the LEDs fail that's when I'll be looking into that option...:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts