Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished installing my Hellasupertone Horns..

I just want to give a big shout out to D113 for all his help and support.. He took a few phone calls from me today and not only that he gave me most of the wiring and taps needed to do this mod. Thanks duder!

Also a thanks to BigE for the video of removing the bumper video. I had a pretty good idea how to do it.. But to actually see it done made a snot load easier..

Things I might have done differently..

- Probably would of prepped all the cables in the house in air conditioning.. rather than sitting outside in the sun
- wouldn't of put the painters tape soo deep under the lights.. Taking it out after it was ripping and i had to peel some off with an exacto knife.
- would of stopped the camera after recording the Before horns shot.. This way I would have some battery left for the After horns shot.

Watch out GTA.. I've got new horns and i'm going to Fking use them..

Oh and big thanks to Forte Forums for being the community EVAR!

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Always happy to help... enjoy tooting your own horn!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
video or recording?
I was recording a video so I could catch a before and after.. Now that the camera is recharged I have to go back and try to record the after.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah. The horn is weak. I can fart louder than that. But removing the bumper sounds like too much work. And then I hate electrical work. I'll probably just pass on getting a new horn.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
actually, I was quite impressed on how easily it was to remove the bumper.

the wiring was the bitch.. nono.. even worse the fkn split loom.. howley crap that took me forever..

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
At least there will be a couple of non weak sauce sounding horns at the next meet. I haven't replaced mine yet, I just rev my engine a couple of times to get someones attention for now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.