Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Foot-well LEDs installed a few weeks ago with the help of OrangeCrush but waited until I installed the rest of the interior LEDs to post them up on our forums. Let me know what you think! Thanks!:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
What did you use for the footwell LED's?
I like :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you ever seen the led light strips that people and Audi puts as a liner for the headlights? I used the same type of strip. Its basically a slim long strip with about 10 leds in it and it has 3m backing tape so after it was all wired up to the power supply and new lighted switch, It just adheres to a ledge under your foot-wells. I got the set up led strips for like 25 bucks at advanced auto parts, and so far so good.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We were able to just adhere the led strips to the passenger side foot-well, but the driver's side didn't have the same ledge so we had to zip tie it to secure it to another wire factory already up in there. For the technical and install questions, Orange Crush may know better than I, as he helped me install them a great deal

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was thinking of doing Blue on my Koup when I get it, but was worried about all the Red on the Dash Clashing with it, but this pic Looks Great! so I guess I will go with Blue

·
Registered
54 Posts
Extremely stupid question on my part, but I'm guessing the interior led's are only on when the door is open/lights are turned on. Correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It would really depend on how Orangecrush wired them up, could be wired to a regular 12V source so they are controlled via a switch, or could be wired to a switched 12V source like the domes/map lights so when they are on the footwells are on too?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Makes sense, I love the look of them. Can't wait to get my hands on my SX

·
Registered
533 Posts
No, the footwell LED's are on their own switch wired directly to the battery as not to interfere with the factory wiring and void any warranties... But.... Yes the dome lights are only when the door is open or the switch on the dome light is set to on, as well as the map lights.. You can use the footwells anytime that you desire...

·
Registered
407 Posts
I already made a new thread, but

can anyone tel me how to wire these so that they are on only when the doors open?

What color are the wires in the rocker?

Thanks

BW

·
Registered
248 Posts
looks REAL good man, does your koup come with a rear dome light? or did u just put one up there? mine doesn't have one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts