Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am from Toronto, Ontario and took delivery of my 2011 Kia Forte Sedan this week - Snow white Pearl, 2.0 M/T.

Now looking to upgrade speakers and have read much/all of the threads around speaker replacements. But what I have not yet been able to properly assess is if I will need a speaker bracket or not. Have bought Polk MM6051 components for fronts and MM651 Coaxials for rears.

According to crutchfield, I need brackets and they won't ship to Canada :-( And I cannot figure out exactly which brackets they are referring to.

So,

Do I need speaker brackets to mount the Polk 6.5 components in the front door and 6.5 Coaxials in the rear and, if so, does anyone have a part number and a Cdn (pref Toronto) supplier of same

Sorry if this has been answered and I missed it but I don't want to rip apart my doors and realize I have to patch it back up for lack of additional parts.

I know D113 has talked about using Dremel etc to capture adaptor from existing speakers but was hoping to keep them in case I ever need to reinstall.

Any help or guidance is appreciated

·
Registered
230 Posts
There is a pic walk through of a guy doing the whole thing and it shows the ones he made out of plywood. Sorry I don't have the link.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,

I saw that link, but he doesn't actually show the speakers on the plywood for reference. From the pictures it looks like the 6.5s are smaller than the OEMs which seems to mean that an adaptor for the speakers is required :-(

Does anyone know if such an adaptor can be bought? As I mentioned Crutchfield has one but they won't ship to me in Canada, according to the online checkout anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.