Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I just brought home a brand new 2011 Kia Forte Koup SX in Charcoal w/black gloss grilles and some pretty sick gunmetal factory wheels. I have been a truck girl forever (Chevy, of course!), but there comes a time when a girl just has to have fun behind the wheel of her daily driver.

This is also my first KIA. Honestly, I would never have thought I'd own a KIA, but I have been hearing great things about both Kia and Hyundai lately, and it just made sense to get something with a great warranty (I am actually a warranty administrator for another OEM).

I was looking at the Sonatas....then the Optimas....then the Elantra, and then I found my Forte Koup SX, and that was that! :)

So...here I am! :) I race off-road on weekends, so I get my "go fast" fix then, but it's just nice to have something that is quick and fun to drive during the week, too! And you can't beat the options this little car has!

.....looking forward to learning lots on here!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Congrats on the purchase just be careful there is this little bug that will bite and then you will have the MOD Fever. LOL

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome and congrats for being on the front end of the Kia sports car trend!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Try to be, if I had some more time. But it's autocross(mx-5 lol). I have done some local events but I would like to get into NASA. I am actually selling my track tire trailer, just got re760's on so we will see how they do on the track.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ohhh...ok. Because I ride mx, too...just trying to figure out if I know you. I have some friends that race NASA - looks like a lot of fun! Think the Forte could give some people a run for their money?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All !

I bought my 2010 Kia Forte sedan on 03/31. It's Ebony Black with a Stone (light gray) interior with black carpets and accents. Really nice !

It has the 5-speed Sportmatic transmission and rides very smoothly, I love driving it !

I traded in a 1997 Kia Sephia with 204,000 miles, so I've been with Kia since they came to the East Coast in '97/'98.

My wife has a Kia Soul Basic, black (Shadow) on black. with a 5-speed transmission. I enjoy driving the Soul as well !

We both had '97 Kia Sephias, hers was red and mine was white (his n' hers). And we're doing it again. Different models,but same colors !

Her old Kia had 188,000 miles on it when she traded it last September.

392,000 miles between us, all done by us !

Dale

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey everyone!

I just brought home a brand new 2011 Kia Forte Koup SX in Charcoal w/black gloss grilles and some pretty sick gunmetal factory wheels. I have been a truck girl forever (Chevy, of course!), but there comes a time when a girl just has to have fun behind the wheel of her daily driver.

This is also my first KIA. Honestly, I would never have thought I'd own a KIA, but I have been hearing great things about both Kia and Hyundai lately, and it just made sense to get something with a great warranty (I am actually a warranty administrator for another OEM).

I was looking at the Sonatas....then the Optimas....then the Elantra, and then I found my Forte Koup SX, and that was that! :)

So...here I am! :) I race off-road on weekends, so I get my "go fast" fix then, but it's just nice to have something that is quick and fun to drive during the week, too! And you can't beat the options this little car has!

.....looking forward to learning lots on here!
Ha ha !! All my friends say they can't believe I own a Kia.
Never would have happened just a few years ago.LOL!!!
This seems like the place to be for info on our car of choice,although I didn't get a Koup,had to please the other half with a "practical car" 5 door.
Good thing the suspension and performance mods seem to work on all models.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts