Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove home a 2010 Koup EX this weekend. I've never had anything close to this sporty in the past, and I traded in the family minivan that I had been driving for the past couple years. You can imagine the difference. :)

I really like the handling. It reminds me of my old '95 Olds Aurora the way it corners like it's on rails, though it doesn't handle the bumps quite as well. ;)

To be honest, I have avoided four-cylinder engines up to now, thinking them the underpowered economy choice I remember from my days as a teenage driver (yeah, it's been a while). I was quite impressed with the power produced by this little 2.0L I4 - enough that I'm actually kind of excited about modding it a bit.

I went with the Titanium Grey with the sunroof and fancy rear-view mirror options, but aside from that it's pretty much base package. I'll definitely be adding window tinting (have to look into just how dark I'd like it and what my state allows), rear spoiler, perhaps an HID headlight retrofit and hopefully I'll be able to add the OEM fog lights.

Looking forward to hanging out here with the cool kids. :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I know what you mean by sport and the imagine the difference. I came from a pickup and SUV to the EX Koup. We still have a minivan for my wife. I am also really happy with it and gaining over 10 mpg. Being an old guy myself it makes me feel younger.

Enjoy your Koup.

·
Registered
201 Posts
LOL! I too traded in my Volvo wagon for the Koup EX. Wife drives a Minivan as well... I wonder how many more of "us" there are on here.

Congrats on the new Koup!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot to mention, I got a 20-year/200,000-mile drivetrain warranty as well. It's a great time to buy one around here, as that applies to all new Kia's and Hyundai's purchased this month.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
20 year??!! Holy crap. Probably wouldn't want to touch many mods to try and keep that super long warranty.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
20 year??!! Holy crap. Probably wouldn't want to touch many mods to try and keep that super long warranty.
I figure as long as I don't mod the drivetrain, I'll be good. A CAI can be uninstalled, after all. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.