Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Signed the papers and made the deposit on thursday, get my new SX koup some time next week! Can't wait!
Looking forward to checking out the wealth of shared knowledge on the forums here!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Congratulations!

I've actually done the same, signed my new koup last Saturday and am expecting to bring it home Tuesday :) I feel your anticipation!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
titanium, wanted black but there was only one black sx standard left in ontario, and it was a demo with 9000km on it, so the dealer refused to trade for it, no price reduction either!
i'm sure i will love it, going to be a big step up from my '05 rio lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any time i tell someone which car i bought they all say the same thing: "i saw one the other day and i said 'what is that? it looks awesome!'"
they are definitely an eye-catching car, i think kia has really surprised a lot of people with the koup!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i haven't finalized the tint yet, they are going to tint the windows after the car arrives on monday.
the dealer said that the standard tint is 35/50... is that 50% front and 35% rear? should i go 35% all around? or 35 front darker rear? anyone have any advice/ideas?

·
Registered
511 Posts
i haven't finalized the tint yet, they are going to tint the windows after the car arrives on monday.
the dealer said that the standard tint is 35/50... is that 50% front and 35% rear? should i go 35% all around? or 35 front darker rear? anyone have any advice/ideas?
The numbers are percentage of light transmission. 50% is lighter than 35%. Others will tell you to go darker, say 20%, for appearance purposes. I have put 35% all around on my last 3 cars and find it the perfect balance between looks and ability to see in the dark. Never been bothered by the police either, which can be a concern with darker tints.

My only personal experience with a tint darker than 35% was my first tint job 4 cars ago. I had 35% on the side widows and 20% on the rear window. I really disliked the reduced visibility of the 20% after dark.

Some more personal opinion here: I really dislike the look of different tint levels between the front and rear side windows on a car. It just looks ugly to me. The difference is always obvious.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
awesome, thanks for the info! i guess there was some miscommunication between the dealer and i. i'm going to phone him up on monday and ask for 35 all the way around.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
latest update:
bad news - my dealer was getting me the titanium from a dealer in guelph, guelph ended up selling my car before the dealer/dealer trade went through.
good news - they found a black sx koup on a train to quebec, car has been re-routed and is on it's way to me!

·
Registered
185 Posts
That's great they were able to find the color you really wanted. Hope you get behind the wheel of it soon, you're going to love it!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
nice choice in color ! hehe good to hear they found you what you wanted :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Awesome! Welcome to the forum. You will learn a lot of tricks and trades.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so i went to pick up my brand new black sx koup today from the dealership. imagine my surprise when i turned on the wipers (because it was raining) and the wipers went up, did not return to the original position, and then continued moving until one of them was completely off the windshield. the wipers were moving freely, so something is wrong with the wiper motor. they had better hope that they have the parts and have it ready for me tomorrow.

·
Registered
56 Posts
ooo That sucks, I hope everything turns out well for you. I know my wipers work, it has rained everyday since I bought my titanium koup this past Saturday. I've seen it dry once ! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
congratulations and welcome to the community.
I hope to meet you at GTAFK meet.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
so i went to pick up my brand new black sx koup today from the dealership. imagine my surprise when i turned on the wipers (because it was raining) and the wipers went up, did not return to the original position, and then continued moving until one of them was completely off the windshield. the wipers were moving freely, so something is wrong with the wiper motor. they had better hope that they have the parts and have it ready for me tomorrow.
wow- what a bummer that must have been...........
3 months in and 1700 miles- so far only thing i got on the check list to be fixed is the stupid map light switch......
good luck on your repair

1 - 20 of 24 Posts