Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

Recently found this group upon searching through Google and thought it would be a good opportunity to get advice from you all!

For the past few months, I have been designing/modifying my Forte just so I can stand out! Unfortunately, some say that I should stop at what I am doing and just get a Forte GT. Any opinons?

Mods I have done so far:
• AEM Cold Air Intake.
• Borla S-Type Axle-Back Exhaust.
• Replaced OEM Kia badge.
• Vinyl wrapped hood, side mirrors, and roof.
• Tinted back windows.
• Windshield strip.

IG: kuroi_k3

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Fire Orange Kia Forte GT
91 Posts
Welcome.
Hey, I think you should just stop what you are doing and get a GT.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
501 Posts
Welcome! It's all about pride in the ride. If you're happy with what you have, then take pride in that. Then personalize it to your heart's content to make it stand out from the other Fortes. Lol. My other belief: Never settle for ordinary.
I too have personalized my non-GT as well.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome! It's all about pride in the ride. If you're happy with what you have, then take pride in that. Then personalize it to your heart's content to make it stand out from the other Fortes. Lol. My other belief: Never settle for ordinary.
I too have personalized my non-GT as well.

View attachment 83114
Hard decision for me haha! Also, nice Forte you got there.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
If I get a rental I'm going to find a way for Arith to borrow it for a while...LOL!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm guessing that you don't care about the factory warranty, right? Any modifications you make can void the warranty, no matter if you're an ASE Certified Master Mechanic. Read your warranty. I'm referring to your CAI and Borla exhaust, of course. Not the rest of your mods. Personally, I think you have a bitching ride!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm guessing that you don't care about the factory warranty, right? Any modifications you make can void the warranty, no matter if you're an ASE Certified Master Mechanic. Read your warranty. I'm referring to your CAI and Borla exhaust, of course. Not the rest of your mods. Personally, I think you have a bitching ride!
Vehicle manufacturers are required to fix manufacturing faults on vehicles during the defined warranty period. The fitment of quality accessories and vehicle upgrades does not affect this obligation unless it can be proved that the modification caused the fault. If the modified part can be reasonably proven to have contributed to or caused the failure, then the warranty of that specific part of the car can be voided along with any related parts.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT
11 Posts
Style wise you can achieve to same look. But when it comes to power and performance you are limited by the 2.0 N/A. The KDM market is scarce but still growing so turboing a 2.0 would be a pain in the a## and the IVT trans would be a whole other deal. The current gen fortes looks amazing while still being understated and classy in my opinion. So done right any model looks good. If your happy going the speed limit all day but still looking fast then stick with the ex! But if you haven't driven a GT I would recommend it. Its a very different feel.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

Recently found this group upon searching through Google and thought it would be a good opportunity to get advice from you all!

For the past few months, I have been designing/modifying my Forte just so I can stand out! Unfortunately, some say that I should stop at what I am doing and just get a Forte GT. Any opinons?

Mods I have done so far:
• AEM Cold Air Intake.
• Borla S-Type Axle-Back Exhaust.
• Replaced OEM Kia badge.
• Vinyl wrapped hood, side mirrors, and roof.
• Tinted back windows.
• Windshield strip.

IG: kuroi_k3
Hey everyone,

Just a quick update, I have decided to stop at what I am doing and traded-in my Forte EX for a Forte GT two months ago! It was hard for me to let my Forte EX go since it was my first car, but it was time for an upgrade.

Thank you all for your honest opinions!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Hey everyone,

Just a quick update, I have decided to stop at what I am doing and traded-in my Forte EX for a Forte GT two months ago! It was hard for me to let my Forte EX go since it was my first car, but it was time for an upgrade.

No doubt your EX was a good car...but you can't feel too bad when you start up your GT...:)

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
176 Posts
I love my FE, and I’m starting mod it out. Despite being kinda slow and not having a lot of opportunity for modifications, I like it. I really like the simplicity and fun that comes with a manual trans and lack of super modern tech. Don’t let being cheap or not having a turbo discourage you! Especially if you like handling more than straight line speed. There are plenty of options to make your base model handle like a GT

·
Registered
2020 Fire Orange Kia Forte GT
91 Posts
Hey everyone,

Congrats. Nothing against Forte owners, the Forte 2.0 is a decent car but meant for Corolla competition. The GT is kinda more for sport enthusiasts.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts