Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, after lurking around this forum for a while, I finally took the dive to buy my very own Kia Koup :)

In case you're wondering, I hail from the Caribbean twin-island state of Trinidad and Tobago. I think there are a few other trini's here....oh CaptainZaak!!!!!

The Koups and sedans we get down here are badged as "Ceratos", not Fortes like the US folks.

The Cerato Koup is available as per the typical export market specs, with a base 1.6L engine (putting out anywhere between 121-124 hp) and the 2.0L engine. The 2.4 is unfortunately, exclusive to the US folk :(.

In terms of performance and handling, I must say I'm impressed - and that's saying something, considering that I'm also the owner of an '02 WRX (yes, turbo) and a JDM RX-8 Type S (6MT). The car corners so cleanly, with little drama or worry....and this is on the stock crappy Kumho Solus tyres! I can't wait to get some Sport Z1's on this thing :D

Anywho, onto le pics:

A shot taken near the exhaust of the WRX:

No, I don't have any pics of the Koup next to the 8....yet!

Red dash trim (had to wait two months for this car to arrive with this trim :( )

Leather seats (not sure if the US cars have this):

...last but not least, the engine bay.

[/FONT]

Hope you guys like my humble offering! :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
congtraulations and keep us posted with any future mods. The red interior treatment looks very sharp. Glad you waited for that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^Thanks! I should mention seeing your car's pics was one of the deciding points for me to get mine :D

Not sure if I really want to do anything with the car yet. I have a set of 17x7.5 Konig Zeros lying around at home - I may fit them on the car to see how that looks.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
^^Thanks! I should mention seeing your car's pics was one of the deciding points for me to get mine :D

Not sure if I really want to do anything with the car yet. I have a set of 17x7.5 Konig Zeros lying around at home - I may fit them on the car to see how that looks.
Those Konig's are a nice wheel....you should try them on and post some pics. I bet they'll look really sharp on the car.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Welcome! Always good to have friends in the tropics!

You might envy us the 2.4, but I'm REALLY digging that red contrast in your interior. Wish WE could get that!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Welcome and I definitely agree the red interior looks awesome!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts