Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have had a forte on order for almost 2 months now. Just found out kia has cancelled all orders for model year 22 fortes? Anyone have more info on this? I was really stoked for it to come in soon. Might have even made it by my birthday. The wait has been killing me an now I might have to wait for 23 model? Im not even sure what's changing, expected arrival, or even the price difference but I'm on the list for being notified on when they come in.

It has been a rollercoaster for sure.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,856 Posts
We live in a changed World right now...pandemics, ignorant leaders, war, potential famine, computer chip delays...

There is no light at the end of the tunnel yet.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Most brands do not actually order vehicles for you , as such. The dealer just puts in an allocation order and if your lucky, one comes in close to what you want (ordered) . Especially Asian companies anyway. By this time of year most allocations are done for the current model year. Even before the global mess, it was that way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No such thing as cancelling orders... that would be business suicide.
Idk the dealership was saying kia was flooded with too many orders, and basically cut off current standing "orders" and future "orders" of certain 2022 model year vehicles all across the U.S. due to massive back logs, and inability to source parts for orders? Apparently they were told this 2 days ago. It sounds strange so I'm not sure what's actually going down.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Idk the dealership was saying kia was flooded with too many orders, and basically cut off current standing "orders" and future "orders" of certain 2022 model year vehicles all across the U.S. due to massive back logs, and inability to source parts for orders? Apparently they were told this 2 days ago. It sounds strange so I'm not sure what's actually going down.
I’ve got a gt2 trim on order and haven’t been told any of this nonsense.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,856 Posts
Considering that my local Kia dealer now has 2023 tellurides, Seltos, and Sportages on the lot...it is very conceivable that the 2022 forte line is finished for the 23 models to start. If that is the case, it would make sense to cancel orders for 2022 models.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Kia knows how many days nits have been allocated and know how many more '22 model vehicles they will build. If they see that orders can not be fulfilled they may very well close the book and cancel orders.

Occasionally the legacy automakers would just roll over ordered to MY23 but even some of them have stopped doing that as vehicle options, colors, order codes, etc usually change year over year. Just easier to cancel and have those left hanging order again when the books open.

Example: know Ford dealers have already told some buyers that their Maverick may be a '23 model even though they ordered a '22. What buyers haven't been told is if their truck will be built before the plant idles down for MY switchover or will be the first built when is starts again. Worse yet...if their dealer will need to resubmit their order. Books are set to open on August 16 for MY23 for that model with production beginning around September or October. They cut off orders Six months ago and they still haven't been able to fulfill the orders.

We all have to adapt to a new world reality when it comes to availability, patience and our expectations.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte LXS Fire Orange
312 Posts
I've seen reports online that Kia will substantially refresh the Forte for 2023. I can only speculate here, but perhaps they have shut down the assembly line early to work on the changeover. Wouldn't this be something the dealership would know about?

·
Registered
2022 GT w/GT2
33 Posts
Most brands do not actually order vehicles for you , as such. The dealer just puts in an allocation order and if your lucky, one comes in close to what you want (ordered) . Especially Asian companies anyway. By this time of year most allocations are done for the current model year. Even before the global mess, it was that way.
This is certainly not true. I've ordered multiple cars with multiple brands, and they've all come in exactly how I wanted with the order sheet and specs in hand after placing it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I’ve got a gt2 trim on order and haven’t been told any of this nonsense.
This is certainly not true. I've ordered multiple cars with multiple brands, and they've all come in exactly how I wanted with the order sheet and specs in hand after placing it.
special “just for you” vehicles don’t exist in the forte price range. No way Kia or any mass production assembly line is going to stop or slow down for one second for a particular customer... that was completely gone by the 1980s ... only the exotics are produced that way now. Today you get trim levels and a few wheel options, color and accent stitching maybe... anything after that is dealer installed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
special “just for you” vehicles don’t exist in the forte price range. No way Kia or any mass production assembly line is going to stop or slow down for one second for a particular customer... that was completely gone by the 1980s ... only the exotics are produced that way now. Today you get trim levels and a few wheel options, color and accent stitching maybe... anything after that is dealer installed.
Not sure about 2022 but in 2008 I ordered a Mustang exactly how I wanted options, even picked the dash accent type and I got exactly what I ordered, there were quite a few options but this was 2008.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Not sure about 2022 but in 2008 I ordered a Mustang exactly how I wanted options, even picked the dash accent type and I got exactly what I ordered, there were quite a few options but this was 2008.
I won’t say you are wrong... but $10 bet the production date on that car was before you even walked into the dealership .... every possible combination option imaginable is made on the assembly line in anticipation of sales. If you liked a particular option someone else did too.
Just for fun go on kias site and build a forte... I doubt you will spend 10 minutes before it tells you the final result and it will be less than 30k
Then go in Porsche and build a carrera.. it will take an hour before they show you your 285k dream car.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,014 Posts
Volvo, Porsche, and BMW (among others) still do this, both with regular special order and Overseas Delivery which is an incredibly cool program

Reactions: Steve g

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,014 Posts
Yes I mentioned that... but the forte is not that special .
True. I do wish they’d do this with Genesis though - if it’s a luxury brand but you’re stuck with what the dealer gets, it doesn’t feel as luxury

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes I mentioned that... but the forte is not that special .
My apologies I think I should have used the term reserved. They kia dealer can request a forte be sent that matches your specifications. But you are right that it's not built to order. Rather the dealership speaks up for the next available vehicle that fits what the customer wants, and reserves it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
For what it’s worth, Chevy still has “open ordering books” for the Corvette. Stelantis makes believe they still do with their Jeeps and other relics. Ford is currently trying a new special order/no discount deal direct from the factory to you as they begin dismantling their dealer network system. And the exotics as was said above. What will be lost is the consumer passion for retail wrangling.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts