Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and an early Merry Christmas to you all!

I did a search but came up dry with my particular problem. I have a new 2011 Forte sedan, and it's a base model. A friend gave me some very nice speakers to replace the OEM front ones. I researched how to remove my door panel, but I have manual windows, not electric. I can't find any reference on how to get the roll-up handle off in order to remove the door panel.

I've done it before on manual windows with a special tool designed to pop off the clip that holds the handle on. However, I don't see any way to do the same on my Forte; it's attached on there differently.

If anyone can please help out a noob, I'd greatly appreciate it! TIA!

-Jon

·
Registered
405 Posts
Do u have a pic of your handle ?

My elantra used to have a ring between the trim and the handle and the c-clip was under that effing ring...

a lot of fun time.

U may try with a strong fabric... lots of people uses that technique... but can't help with it... i'm not able !
:D

Good luck to u !

BTW.. Bienvenue !!!

What kind of speaker did u get ?

·
Registered
585 Posts
It might be a horseshoe clip that is very hard to see [it might be very close to the handle rather than the door] you could use a flat head screwdriver to hold the panel back and a flashlight to see if you can spot it...they can be tricky so patience is a must. You might beat up your door panels doing this...keeping in mind, the stock speakers are good, hopefully the new ones are better, to justify your time and effort on this project. I personally would leave them alone and concentrate on getting better tires instead.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
keeping in mind, the stock speakers are good, hopefully the new ones are better, to justify your time and effort on this project. I personally would leave them alone
^ That !

U may end-up with a clearer sound and loosing all the mids and the bass of the stocks...

If u wanna change speakers, try with the rear ones... Those are crappy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If u wanna change speakers, try with the rear ones... Those are crappy.
The front and rear speakers are the same size. Are you saying they put two different types of speakers in the car? That doesn't make any sense, especially fiscally.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The front and rear speakers are the same size. Are you saying they put two different types of speakers in the car? That doesn't make any sense, especially fiscally.
Try to listen music with all in front, and then with all at the rear. If it's like on my 2010 LX, u will not want to use the rears ones anymore !

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
You don't NEED new tires ...... you WILL need new tires soon.
But you WANT new tires anyway!!!

Hey!!! I can sell you my almost new 17" Goodyear LS2 !!!-sic-
:D Hahah Yeah Ls2 there sic allright!!!

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Alright guys, we're getting off-topic.

does it pop right out? my moms old suzuki used to pop right out (with enough force), but it would go back in with some force too. it was just the way it was made. I remember it used to feel as if you were gonna tear the door panel apart.

anyways, have u tried to remove every clip and screw and get at it from the back?

·
Registered
59 Posts
@ [email protected]: my forte came with goodyear ls2 eagles...bout 120usd around here... I hope they're not bad tires...

As far as the speakers go, my fronts sound worse than my rears...i usually have it faded to the rear bout 1/4 and the bass sounds much better with fewer door rattles...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've just decided to pay a local audio shop $45 to install the speakers for me. No big deal.

I did listen to my rear speakers w/o the front on. they sound just fine to me. I doubt there's any difference in the speakers themselves, but perhaps in the "box" or whatever surface they're mounted to/in.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I've just decided to pay a local audio shop $45 to install the speakers for me. No big deal.

I did listen to my rear speakers w/o the front on. they sound just fine to me. I doubt there's any difference in the speakers themselves, but perhaps in the "box" or whatever surface they're mounted to/in.
Well... maybe i already exploded mine then ! Or it's because i have a base 2010 sedan !?

Anyway !

Yes... Good choice... for that price !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why would you wanna change your speakers... correct me if I'm wrong, but the stock speakers are pretty good, no? Mine are great!

Anyhow, I guess it all depends on personal taste and preference.. good luck with your project! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Why would you wanna change your speakers... correct me if I'm wrong, but the stock speakers are pretty good, no? Mine are great!

Anyhow, I guess it all depends on personal taste and preference.. good luck with your project! :)
The stock speakers are adequate if you're not an audiofile. The difference with the aftermarket ones I put in made all the difference in the world. And it only cost me$35 for the install, so it was well worth it. I'm so glad I upgraded.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts