Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

New member here...just bought a Forte EX automatic tranny, last weekend, used with 10K miles on it...wasn't particularly looking for a car just yet but dropped by a dealer to see what they had and this one had just gone on the block...it was a lease car and very well taken care of. For an almost new car, I couldn't turn down the price....and the little bugger goes like a demon on fire.

My wife and I had been talking about replacing her soccer mom van anyway as it had 250K miles on it and the tranny was acting strange so thought it was about time.

Anyway, my question is, is there anyway I can find what TSB's have been generated for this car and if they have been done? Is this something the dealer would have access to? I have to bring it in to the dealer in a week or two and have our state safety inspection done so I thought I'd ask then. Are TSBs considered warranty work (no charge to me)?

Great forum you have going here...Being that it's my wife's car, I probably won't be doing too many performance mods, etc to it but there are a few things I may do down the road like put a set of carriers on the top for our canoes...also thinking about putting a trailer hitch on it too in case I want to drag a light trailer behind it...

Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Red Rocket,

I'm a subscriber to that link...I was hoping there might be a place that I can punch in my VIN and get back what TSBs have been done to my Forte...I'm hoping the dealer can do this...

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Thanks Red Rocket,

I'm a subscriber to that link...I was hoping there might be a place that I can punch in my VIN and get back what TSBs have been done to my Forte...I'm hoping the dealer can do this...
Ask the service guy to print you a record of the TSBs done on your car... The only way they guys at service know what TSBs to do on your car is only by VIN #

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ask the service guy to print you a record of the TSBs done on your car... The only way they guys at service know what TSBs to do on your car is only by VIN #
I think I'll do just that when I take it back for the annual safety inspection in a couple of weeks.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.