Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of buying on of there Universal front lip splitter..

Universal Front Bumper Lip Splitter VW AUDI BMW HONDA | eBay

And seeing on the web that the thing stays so ugly, you can deff see that its a rubber foam..I dont like it that way.. Was thinking of painting but then I came up with the idea of putting Vinyl Carbon Fiber on it which last longer also..

3D Flexible Black Carbon Fiber II Vinyl Sheet 24" x 60" | eBay

What you guy think about..help me with this.
Is it a good Idea .. I think the Vinyl will stay on the rubber for a long time if you clean it well..

give me you opinions before I do this.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
If there were no pioneers there would be no discoveries. Do it! If it works out, then you just found a lot of people a cool new thing they can do. If it fails, then you just saved a lot of people money. Either way it's a win for the Forte community.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
^^^^^ Yes! I agree! I think it would work out.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
eyepoper - you can purchase these rubber foam lip at home depot & save some $.
Sure and watch it flap around at pull free from the screws at highway speeds. Garage door weather stripping doesn't hold up. this stuff look equivalent though. I'd rather have plastic like the Mach1 Lip.

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
^ my dad contacted those people when he was in singapore, it is a complete CUSTOM kit, and CANNOT be replicated. He told my dad he can make me one that is like that but gloss black, but he needs my car in order to do that.. :/

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
^ my dad contacted those people when he was in singapore, it is a complete CUSTOM kit, and CANNOT be replicated. He told my dad he can make me one that is like that but gloss black, but he needs my car in order to do that.. :/
Lame! I want those sideskirts.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if you can get it to look like this, then i can dig it

Sorry but does any one know the name of that plastic/rubber thing... It contains some POLY in it..Polyetheen or something..but I need to know that kind of plastic/rubber thing name..

If I can find to buy a Board of that stuf...then we are online..

Gonna make my self that kit..its not difficult....for the sideskirt its more simple... think you need a good heatgun...and a table to wrench on the plastic..then just heat lil by lil the plastic and put something in the middle like a plank small to have the heigh on the whole lenght the same..but for the front bumper is gonna be a lil diff to get that smoothly....

Any one knows the name of that plastic

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Sorry but does any one know the name of that plastic/rubber thing... It contains some POLY in it..Polyetheen or something..but I need to know that kind of plastic/rubber thing name..

Gonna make my self that kit..its not difficult....for the sideskirt its more simple... think you need a good heatgun...and a table to wrench on the plastic..then just heat lil by lil the plastic and put something in the middle like a plank small to have the heigh on the whole lenght the same..but for the front bumper is gonna be a lil diff to get that smoothly....

I'm guessing you are going for is polyethylene. However you are better off with ABS. It's more impact resistant.

And... yeah good luck replicating that kit with a heat gun and a plank. Let me know how that goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
that setup is dead easy to replicate, you want a flexi plastic through. that can resist a bit of a bump without cracking.
looks very cool.
only thing there is you need 18s and lower the car to maintain that look.

·
Registered
52 Posts

I think the plastic you are talking about is polyurethane.
for your reference is what roller blade wheels are made of and
its also a very common material used for body kits.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts