Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i got a call from my dealership today and they just got in a black Koup SX. I've been wanting an SX but can't justify the leather, sunroof, auto climate control and other $3000 bells and whistles just for the bigger engine and transmission (i'm in canada so leather and sunroof aren't options, they're standard).

The used SX has 10,000km on it and looks brand new, i drove it today before they had a chance to detail and inspect it and it seemed just like the new car.

So my question is, would it be worth it to purchase the used SX? The initial sticker price he quoted was $19,900. Whereas my new SX would be 24,500. Sure I could get that price down to about 22,500 or something like that, but I also have wiggle room on the used.

My problem with buying used is that the warranty would only be for 4.25 years rather than the 5 years since the car was purchased in december. Also there would be a higher interest rate so the car would really be worth around 21000...price of a new model. Also, I've called many dealerships around Nova Scotia and all have none or limited supply of the SX's so it may be hard at this point to get a new SX.

I think you see my dilemma here, i'd like to hear what you guys would do in my situation. Go for the slightly used SX for maybe $2000 less. Or go for a new and start fresh for a little more money.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
If its the exact one that you want I would do it. If you are settling for a color you don't want them maybe its worth the wait. The price doesn't seem bad but I would try to get them to take it down to 19.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would 1000% go new. Unless you are completely strapped for cash
That's the thing, i'm not going to be strapped for cash, but right now i am. So if I go used then I start making payments tomorrow, if i go new i get to wait 90 days, which is sometime in october. I was leaning towards new and since I don't really have a color preference (anything but orange or silver) I think i'll wait for my new sx. If it takes 3 weeks to come in, well that just means i wait 3 more weeks to make my payments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts