Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to drop a hello, first time poster, but I've looked at the forms for awhile doing my homework.

I finally decided to bite the bullet and picked up the Forte 5. Thus far I'm extremely happy with the car, the ride is a bit firm, but I don't find it too harsh.

I'm coming from a V-8 powered pickup truck, so although I've read that the MPG's are a bit "poor" for the 2.4, they're much better than my old truck.

I like the Kia warranty, and the features that are on the car compared to what else is out there. I ended up driving the Cruze, Fiesta, Mazda 3, and the `11 Elantra and I found that I liked the Kia the best.

No mods planned for awhile, I'm just trying to keep it clean at this point :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
congrats on the new purchase, glad so far you like the ride. Kia has really stepped up their game when it comes to the fortes.

Good luck keeping your car clean, if you drive a lot like me it becomes a bit of a challenge.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
congratulations on your new ride and welcome!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hey Welcome .....I have 12k Kms on mine and I like it. Its been a few months now and although I have minor gripe about the heavy shifting trans. (m) when its cold, the rest is all love .....performance handling, both city and hyway driving. I hope your as happy as I am to own one... Cheers and Welcome again!!!!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Congrats! I think you will be happy with it. The ride is firm, but here in MA, the roads are a mess from the brutal winter this year. I don't mind it 99% of the time and the handling is really good.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
congrats on the new purchase, glad so far you like the ride. Kia has really stepped up their game when it comes to the fortes.

Good luck keeping your car clean, if you drive a lot like me it becomes a bit of a challenge.
Yea I have a pretty long commute so with this winter melt it's looking pretty nasty. (Especially since it's white).

·
Registered
72 Posts
The sx comes with a stiffer suspension hence the sx (sport edition).I have had mine for almost 2 months and am still happy . It has saved me tons of money in gas. Im coming from a evolution that gave only 17mpg but felt like 10mpg ( with premium gas). So far i have not seen any other hatches in my area . people have give me complements on the car. They can't believe its a kia . The style of the newer kia are years ahead of the older model.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Well it's finally my turn .Just ordered a Titanium SX $400.00 deposit have no idea how long it will take to get here (Oklahoma City) Hopefully the dealer got with the local Kia rep and can have one diverted this way...:D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The sx comes with a stiffer suspension hence the sx (sport edition).I have had mine for almost 2 months and am still happy . It has saved me tons of money in gas. Im coming from a evolution that gave only 17mpg but felt like 10mpg ( with premium gas). So far i have not seen any other hatches in my area . people have give me complements on the car. They can't believe its a kia . The style of the newer kia are years ahead of the older model.
I really like the style of it honestly. Looking at 4 different dealers, mine only had the one which I bought so there aren't a lot around. I do like the ride of the SX though, it's not overly rough, but enough where it handles really well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got my SX about 3 weeks ago in blue, and I have yet seen another one like it on the road, hell, I haven't seen any 5 doors on the rood to be honest ... I am very happy with mine, and hopefully soon, more mods will be available for us.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got my SX about 3 weeks ago in blue, and I have yet seen another one like it on the road, hell, I haven't seen any 5 doors on the rood to be honest ... I am very happy with mine, and hopefully soon, more mods will be available for us.
I've only seen 1 other 5 door on the road....otherwise the dealers around here do not stock them.

I did find out that mine sat on the lot since the end of November according to the inspection paperwork.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.