Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm the owner of a new 2011 Forte 5 EX. I decided to buy the 5 door more on a whim than anything. I was initially looking at a titanium EX sedan and simply decided on the 5 since there wasn't an appreciable cost increase. And I like the hatchback style a bit better.

I was in the market for a "NEW" car for several months. I was driving a 2004 Infiniti G35 that was extremely high mileage. I commuted for 4 years 90 miles round trip. I finally traded the car in with 213k on the odo. On the contrary I don't think the Forte as much of a downgrade from the G35. Granted it's quite a bit slower and doesn't have the handling. But the Forte has better ride quality, less road noise at 70mph, better forward and side viability. And the final bonus, well over 10 mpg better fuel economy.

I compared several different models before I chose the Kia, I drove the new Chevy Cruse, the Mazda 3, the Ford Fiesta (which I really tried to like but its just plain ugly). The Kia had several things which appealed to me, mainly the price/feature ratio blew the other models out of the water. I wanted a Cruze but to get a model I liked would have been around 22 grand.

And since I can't leave well enough alone, I've already done some light mods to the car. I have installed my audio equipment, fabricated some new tweeter sail panels, had the windows tinted to 20%, I removed the rear badges, and I have the "K" badges on the way from eBay.

Here is a pic of the car right after I removed the badges, sorry it wasn't washed at the time.

·
Registered
227 Posts
welcome!

i was thinking of the hatchback back when it didn't come out yet...
i always wanted one because of the mazda protege5
then i saw the VW GTI

but after seeing my gf's forte sedan and then the koup...i wanted the koup more than all of them lol

btw, nice car! titanium is a good color

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Lol fellow hatchbacker that's funny....and welcome!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Congrats on the buy and welcome to the boards. I am partial to the titanium as well. I also looked at the Cruze Eco (turbo 6 speed m/t) and after test driving it, I hated it. I took a u-turn in it and it felt like it was going to roll and I was not going fast at all. Later that same day, I drove the Koup around the same turn and pushing it hard, it felt so much safer. I also considered the hatch, but my wife and I liked the look of the koup a bit more.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Would you have debadged the Chevy or Mazda?
Probly not . The reason i changed the KIA emblems to the broken K was to change the perception people have of the brand. A few years ago some would ask what do you drive . You say a Kia and first thing on there mind is wow what a cheap junker. Today WOW nice ride what is it. When you tell em it's a Kia you get YOUR KIDING :eek:THATS A KIA!!! Nuf said...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Probly not . The reason i changed the KIA emblems to the broken K was to change the perception people have of the brand. A few years ago some would ask what do you drive . You say a Kia and first thing on there mind is wow what a cheap junker. Today WOW nice ride what is it. When you tell em it's a Kia you get YOUR KIDING :eek:THATS A KIA!!! Nuf said...
you are so lucky you dont have a front plate i have to have one and it makes my front end look like crap.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey welcome! What color K badges did you get? I have a corsa blue F5, I am thinking of getting the white pearl color badges.

·
Registered
524 Posts
they do sell blue backgrounds for the badges, and if u cant find them, you can always DIY paint the backgrounds.

I have a titanium koup, the black gloss looks amazing against dark silver

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My new badges arrived this afternoon. I didn't get them installed yet but they do look pretty nice.

I have what might be a great idea. I have a buddy that works at a machine shop. I'm going to see if he'd be able to recreate the badge in aluminum. Then I can mount it on black acrylic.
That should look killer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went with the m&s badges black on the rear, silver in the front also painted my grille surronding black and red calipers pictures will soon be posted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts