Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my new Racing Red Forte Koup. I actually bought it three weeks ago when I traded in my Mazda 6 for it, but the weather hasn't been cooperating so I haven't been able to take pictures until this weekend.

It's the 2.4L 5-speed Automatic with 17 inch wheels, sunroof, Sirius XM, and spoiler. I drove it right off the showroom floor.

It's funny how much it reminds me of the 6 in how much room it has and the way it handles. The 6 was a great car which I had for 7 years. Let's hope the Koup lasts as many years and for as many miles.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome, and i must say that is a nice spoiler you got right there. Did it come with or was the an aftermarket, if so where did you get it from?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Sweet Ride!

Yeah that spoiler looks sweet! Gotta get one soon :)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I didn't notice how many Red KOUP members we have!!!... The spoiler makes it that much more sexy!!! ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The dealer had already put the spoiler on the car, in fact I think it was the only Koup on the lot that had one. I was originally intending to get the 6 speed manual, but they gave me the automatic for a fraction of the difference in the cost between the two. I liked the idea of having a 6 speed, but not having to change gears had advantages to. Plus I can still manually shift gears if I want to.

I went to the dealer this afternoon to drop off a final piece of paperwork and they have a black Forte, 6 speed manual, with sunroof, leather seats and spoiler sitting in the place where mine used to be. My goodness it looks good! But leather seats, in a black car, in the heat of the South would be a bit much for me. That's almost dangerous! Plus, it really wouldn't be black right now, it would be yellow from all the pollen...

The spoiler really does cap off the look. I think it looks really good.

I'm not sure what, if anything, I want to do to it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
PeteWi .... looks just like the car that i got... awesome! Have you considered painting your calipers... i'm trying to find a brand and color that would fit the Racing red color .. any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fortekoupsxmax: Wow, check that out! It's the same car!

I also notice you don't have the dealer logos/brands on the back of the car either. Did you take them off or were they never there? Mine didn't have them which I thought was an oversight.

Red calipers sounds like a good idea. I might have to look into that.

Changing the badges sound like a good idea too. I've seen it mentioned a couple of times, so I guess I should look at what's needed to make it happen. Do you just cover up the ones that are already there?

If I was going to go with anything it would probably be new rims (but much later on down the line). I think they look OK, but that's just it, not bad, but not great either.

I did replace the rims on my 6 (due to two of them getting dented from a massive pothole) which made mine look a touch different than all the other 6's with the stock rims.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm looking at replacing badges as well... but wanted to hold off as new ones seem to pop up on this site... I might post about this actually.. see if people know of other cool badges besides the K symbol everyone is doing. And yes you do have to take off the old ones first.... :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Isnt that the civic SI spoiler? it looks a lot like it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts