Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing a new radio in 2010 Kia Forte Koup EX. Just got the new faceplate. Anyone get this for their car and what radio do you recommend that fits good. Hoping to find something around $100-150. Thanks.
Watch Automotive lighting Output device Sports gear Font

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
As for aftermarket stereo recommendations, that's up to you. You can visit your local bestbuy & get an in person & hands on testing.

Can also look at your FB market place. Type in double din stereos 6.9in 7in

My aftermarket stereo is a kenwood DDX773BH from a pawnshop.

Installed Rockford Fosgate 6.5 fronts & & 6x9 rears with Rockford Fosgate amp.

If you decide to upgrade the speakers. Don't break, throw away or destroy the speaker brackets you will need them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As for aftermarket stereo recommendations, that's up to you. You can visit your local bestbuy & get an in person & hands on testing.

Can also look at your FB market place. Type in double din stereos 6.9in 7in

My aftermarket stereo is a kenwood DDX773BH from a pawnshop.

Installed Rockford Fosgate 6.5 fronts & & 6x9 rears with Rockford Fosgate amp.

If you decide to upgrade the speakers. Don't break, throw away or destroy the speaker brackets you will need them.
I upgraded the speakers to pioneer few years ago. Sounds much better. Finally getting around to changing out the head unit. Probably pick up a subwoofer while I’m installing the new one.

·
Administrator
722 Posts
Much better! That piece of crap I ordered from Amazon actually started to glitch and freeze up before I got a chance to get it out.
I'm sure the audio quality, had it gotten that far, would have been pretty terrible too. :LOL:

Thanks for sharing your experience. I've actually been tempted on a few occasions by those cheap double DIN tablet radios on Amazon/eBay, but figured I'd regret it. Now I can consider it confirmed. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts