1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Safety Recall 20V750
2012-2013 Forte Koup and My Forte
Inspection and upgrade to prevent engine compartment fires

Dealer will inspect and correct any issues in the engine compartment which may lead to a fire up to and including a full engine replacement if needed. Also an update to the ECU Knock Sensor Detection System with an extension of the engine warranty on connecting rod bearings to 15 yrs/150K miles.

Approx time 2 to 4 hours. Call and make appointment at your nearest Kia dealership.

·
Banned
1,347 Posts
Got my letter in the mail yesterday.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
832 Posts
2010's Fortes & Koups not included? They should be since it's a Forte theta 2 & the 3 previous owners within a yr traded it in.

Kia/Hyundai dealerships won't 100% send letters, emails, texts, messages & notices to every customer that bought one of their Kia/Hyundai vehicles. I've NEVER EVER gotten anything from Mike shaw Kia. Even after buying my 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2 from my friend. He sold it cause of the airbag/srs & seatbelt icon, cruise control (which eventually I had to research & repair myself from a junk/salvage yard steering wheel angle sensor aka "clockspring") I went to Mike Shaw kia for an assessment/scan & paid. To be told it was the VCMA & manifold intake $900.00 to repair. I told them I'm buying it & will be the new owner. I gave them my info from day one.

NOT EVER OR AT ALL HAVE I RECEIVED ANY TYPE OF TEXT, CALL, EMAIL, MESSAGE, NOTICE OR LETTER FROM ANY KIA/HYUNDAI DEALERSHIP/Mike Shaw Kia 6802 S Padre Island Dr, Corpus Christi, TX 78412.

But amazing I get letters letting me know they'll give top dollar/$4,000 to $5,000 for my car? Really?! Gonna give me $5,000 for my Kia & you know about it's history & condition? Yeah right.

I have to drive to that stealership & force my question about recalls. They look at me as a waste of time/only there to get in their way of money making schedule.

I HAD TO FORCE THEM TO INSTALL the wire harness extension cable for seatbelt. It was the wire harness extension that's on/next & connects to the airbag control unit (ACU)
95910-iM400.

I wasn't received with an inviting welcome. I showed them the recall from NHTSA & they were like "oh, you one of those/I quess & ok but you have to leave your car & we'll call you when it's done. Which the service writer actually said to me "blag blah blah, name, phone & is your car here. We'll call you when it's done"

Not my fault Kia/Hyundai built & manufactured vehicles that have earned the piston skirt slap/bearing failure/ticking grenade engine syndrome of death from the factory & your dealership has to take the financial hits.

If I use their car as a trade in, I'd be offered maybe $1,000.00 or it'll just go straight to the crusher.

That's how shitty their cars are. That they won't even take their own vehicles.

I can't go to another Kia/Hyundai dealership. It's only Mike Shaw Kia.

What would make me content & satisfied is to have them actually check verify & do the work of replacing with new parts that they know are sh*t & are in recalls/future recalls & can't find the cause or get the we looked at it. Did you cause I can look at a car & say the same, "yeah, I looked at it".
The "we looked at" statement does happen when told to customers.

Actually get in there & check & verify the condition & health of their Theta 2 engine (parts & components) & treat me as a paying customer who has 100% been approved for a brand new f*cking Kia with a 750+ credit score instead of looking at me with disdainful eyes, attitudes & demeanor therefore viscerally a bother.

Not that hard to use their $100,000.00 OBD2 & scan it. Turn it on & check. Since everything is computerized they DEFINITELY have the tools to do it while bs'ing & shooting the sh*t at the cooler.

If not even that. They'll just pull out the diagnostic dice & get their answer from there.

Don't even get me started on their front driver & passenger seatbelt locking mechanism/pretensioners that are out completely worthless & useless. Drove with them for almost 2yrs. Hand rolling the strap by hand, always loose & never locking & retracting & DTC's/codes never coming off only to be told it's gonna be (can't remember quoted price) $1,700.

$1,000 for the passenger, $700 for the driver. All because the damn sensor was out the 2yrs. That's not my fault. & I sold my father in laws 1986 Chevy high Sierra 2500 HD dual cab & dual gas tank, long bed 5.7 V8 truck @ 430,000miles, that still turned at 1st turn of the key & no major mechanical problems. Just the usual fluids, brakes, rotors tires, wipers cleaning washing. That its. The neighbor offered me $4,000 for it cause he'd hear the engine & wanted my truck for a yr till I finally gave in. It's seatbelts still work & retract maybe not in 1 sec but 3sec is better than my Kia seatbelts. He took the engine & transmission & put it in his newer truck. We see & hear that engine every time he drives by. Guess that's why my father in law always bought older vehicles. Hardly any damn sensors & computers in them.

Anyways,

Had to go to the local junk/salvage yard & pull the parts from a 2012 Kia Forte sedan EX eco automatic & from a 2010 Hyundai sonata. Go home & do the entire removal of the straps into the (new to me parts) & install the 2012 front seatbelts. The seatbelt mil still on & goes off (chime & icon) whenever I'm in any gear/moving. Stays off when parked/out of gear/stationary.

The door ajar code has been on for several months. To find the real sensor/s that are causing the problem.

I actually don't have my Forte most of its panels back on.

No floor pan carpet, no door panels, no center console assembly, no rear panels, no back seat, no back seat bench.

Just the headliner front seats & dashboard. Even at that, I have the steering wheel column off & the stereo face plate & center HVAC vents off.

Just makes it easier if some damn sensor decides to mess up cause of another sensor on sensor monitoring another sensor goes out making all the other sensors go off, like a damn effing xmas tree lights. One light bulb goes out the others will go out. Wired in a series circuit & done on purpose. Cause a parallel circuit all the power is shared & no chance of domino effect to the rest of a circuit

·
Registered
832 Posts
the only recall fix Mike shaw Kia has done to my 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2. Add an airbag control unit wire harness extension. That's because I went in & told them I want this done & it's on the NHTSA & read it on Forteforums.com.

·
Banned
1,347 Posts
2010's Fortes & Koups not included? They should be since it's a Forte theta 2 & the 3 previous owners within a yr traded it in.

Kia/Hyundai dealerships won't 100% send letters, emails, texts, messages & notices to every customer that bought one of their Kia/Hyundai vehicles. I've NEVER EVER gotten anything from Mike shaw Kia.
The dealership doesn’t send out the letter, Kia corporate does. And no, 2010 and 2011 Fortes are not part of the recall. Read the NHTSA document for yourself:

Reactions: mobileterminaluser

·
Registered
2011 Kia Forte5 EX
28 Posts
I can't find anything new on the 2010 having a new recall opened up or being added to the existing recall for the 12-15 Forte. Even if they did Kia dealerships can actually charge you for recalls on vehicles that are over 10 years old, even if the recall is opened up past the 10 year date. Might be part of why the 10/11 never got it in the first place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We had the recall sensor put in a week and half ago. Our car died last Thursday before the long weekend. Our mechanic just called and said our engine is shot. We weren't having engine problems prior to this sensor being changed out. What should/can we do? It is a 2010 Kia Forte.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
We had the recall sensor put in a week and half ago. Our car died last Thursday before the long weekend. Our mechanic just called and said our engine is shot. We weren't having engine problems prior to this sensor being changed out. What should/can we do? It is a 2010 Kia Forte.
What is your dealer's response to your situation? Are they going to replace the engine under warranty?

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is your dealer's response to your situation? Are they going to replace the engine under warranty?
We have not gone back to them yet. We just confirmed that the engine is gone today. It is a 2010 so not sure if a warranty would apply. Looking for some direction on how we should approach this situation. It was literally a week after they changed the recalled sensor.

·
Registered
832 Posts
We have not gone back to them yet. We just confirmed that the engine is gone today. It is a 2010 so not sure if a warranty would apply. Looking for some direction on how we should approach this situation. It was literally a week after they changed the recalled sensor.
😱

1 - 20 of 22 Posts