Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an SX Koup, and got a message from my Kia dealer that I have an outstanding recall on my vehicle. So I called and the girl told me that it was just issued this week, but not what it was, but it took them 3 hours for the fix that they have only done once so far. She said something about Forte so it could be both the sedan and koup.

She didnt know what it was for, anyone else know? Has anyone else gotten a call from Kia?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ask your assigned mechanic/service advisor what it was for, if it isn't listed on the paperwork. They should be able to tell you, or if they don't, you should have a reason to make some noise, irreguardless.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If you have the 6 speed transmission, there was a new Service Action (technically NOT a Recall) regarding the clearance of the drive axle and the oil seal in the transmission. The SA was released Dec 30, and with the long weekend most dealers would not have seen it until Jan 4, etc.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I will find out friday. The girl on the phone said she had no idea what it was but she would study up and tell me on friday when I drop my car off. Also they had to wait for some tool, for fixing whatever it is, it to be delivered today.

Just seemed odd that I got the call last monday, and they had to wait for some tool today.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
big disappointment :D
it was the axle seal on the front axles. I was the second one they have done, and took a total time of 1.5 hours from when I dropped it off to when it was done.

I was hoping for something that would make 1st gear "nice" and not so easy to stall

1 - 6 of 6 Posts