Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to find some rims for my Copperhead Koup SX. Just really started lookin and am usually not a huge fan of black rims, but i saw Jealouslover's with the black rims and thought it looked good. The one's i've found that i like the most so far are the Enkei AKP Black with Chrome. I like the way the chrome inserts look against the black and think the rims will look good with the copperhead paint. The one's i'm lookin at are 18" x 7.5 with a 42 offset. That's gonna give me the same inside clearance but extend out about 1/2". I'm lookin at it with a set of PZero Nero M&S tires (215/40ZR18) which will keep my overall wheel diameter right around factory height. i also like these b/c the tire width will be right around 8.4 inches which would give me a little cushion/protection for the rim

I also like the Raceline Type 126 Mirror Black rims. The only thing about them is they're 17s and i'd prefer to go with 18s or 19s.

Anybody have any other suggestions?

What about 19s? If i go with a 19, what's the best size tire to go with? Any help you guys could give me would be a big help.

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
18"s would look great on the koup, if you use the 215/40zr18 then you will still have some room between the body and wheel. If you are looking to clean it up you could get lowering springs which will limit the space between significantly. If you put 19"s and decided to lower then you would have to dodge pothole and other bumps or that could mean costly repairs. If you get 19"s I would lower but still give it a aggressive look.

I like the first wheel but with chrome it has to be on other areas of the care, ie. door handles or window molding or something. Just my personal opinion. Glad to see some mods, post pictures up of which ever you decide.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea i was also thinking about the chrome and how it really would look a lot better with some other chrome accent on the car. I don't have any now and i'm not real sure i plan on putting any on.
I've been lookin over at TireRack.com and like the stuff there, i just dont know if i like the way it "puts" the rims on your car. To me it looks too fake and i dont really feel like i get a great idea what it's actually going to look like.

i also like the idea of lowering it to reduce the space between the body and wheel. Only problem is I have absolutely no idea how to do anything with cars. this is the first car i've owned that i feel like i can do some mods to and am pretty excited about it. Are the only lowering springs the 1.3 and 1.6 inch ones i've seen mentioned on here, or are those just the fan favorite? Also, how does that change the ride?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yea i was also thinking about the chrome and how it really would look a lot better with some other chrome accent on the car. I don't have any now and i'm not real sure i plan on putting any on.
I've been lookin over at TireRack.com and like the stuff there, i just dont know if i like the way it "puts" the rims on your car. To me it looks too fake and i dont really feel like i get a great idea what it's actually going to look like.

i also like the idea of lowering it to reduce the space between the body and wheel. Only problem is I have absolutely no idea how to do anything with cars. this is the first car i've owned that i feel like i can do some mods to and am pretty excited about it. Are the only lowering springs the 1.3 and 1.6 inch ones i've seen mentioned on here, or are those just the fan favorite? Also, how does that change the ride?
Suspension Products for Kia Forte Koup SX 2010

If you wanna lower it with Eibach Springs, keep it at 18s. I would suggest these brands of rims Enkei, MSR, Volk, Work, Bayern, BBS, OZ, just to name a few. It depends on the style you like .. 5 Spoke / Multi spoke / 6 Spoke / DD / Chome/Red/Blue Lip / Staggered. All of these depend on your style and ofcourse price (BBS would be most expensive I guess). A good mid range is either enkei or volk, both are good. Remember you would ideally want something lighter than stock rims, to gain any performance advantage and/or fuel eco adv.

Are you looking for car rims, custom wheels, performance tires, chrome wheels or black rims? WheelsNext.com is the solution!

Thats another good site to buy, and they offer discounts for armed forces :).

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks alot Main. i'm going to go check out that site. anybody by chance know the weight of the stock rim off the top of your head?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Around 26 lbs. Ideally you would want something around or less than the 20 lbs mark (this is per rim). This is 17" SX Koup I believe.

If you wanna know about any aftermarket rim's weight, there is an online database, but just incase you don't have excel down there, you can ask me. I'll try to find the weight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.