Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I never even knew Scion was in canada. The TC may have been on my list of potential cars. Scion has the quality of a Toyota without the price.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Whther or not it is ugly doesn't change the fact that it now has 180 hp and 173 tq, with the same struts and a 6MT like us too. Its basically an sx koup now, without the standard bluetooth. I wonder what the accelleration is like.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I've read that the accel. is like 7.5 with the MT, where R&T place the Koup at like 6.9 with the MT... I guess the Koup is lighter with a better drivetrain

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
an ex girlfriend of mine has a scion and my gawd it felt so downtrodden and slow. it just plodded around the road like shaq on the dance floor of dance with the stars. we always took my car when we went places lol plus, theyre hideous. i hate it when compared with a scion. rather be compared to a honda civic but that pisses me off too.

·
Registered
519 Posts
i dont think the red one on the front is the actual model... i think its one they customized the "real" look i would think is the silver one where it says "TC gallery" but if im wrong then wow that is ugly... and they are really limiting there demographic because i dont know many "normal" people who would want to drive something with that style

·
Registered
519 Posts
just found this on google

it was revealed at the 2010 NY auto show
Five Axis mods the 2011 Scion tC

Yesterday, Scion revealed their brand spankin' new 2011 tC to the world's automotive press here at the New York Auto Show. We happen to think the car looks just fine, but will admit that for a youth oriented brand such as Scion, a little bit more aggression might have been nice. Meet the Five Axis tuned Scion tC, a car that couldn't get much more aggressive unless it was holding a gun. A really big one. \ If you don't know, Five Axis is mostly known for their show car offerings.

The "Blood Shot Red" paint is slathered over a four-inch wide body kit. The lower grill is just plain nuts. Sadly the doors of this concept were locked, but we could see (but not really photograph) that the interior's stuffed with all sorts of customized good stuff, with lots of what appears to be leather and suede. The suspension is made up of Tein adjustable coil-overs. The brakes are ginormous (especially for a 180-horsepower tC), measuring 14-inches in front and 13-inches in the rear. But the brakes aren't the crazy part.

The crazy part consists of the wheels. Ready? The front wheels are so big they require 2453020 rubber. The rear? 2953020. That's right, the rear wheels are 10.5-inches wide. Remember this car's a front-wheel driver. Sort of gives new meaning to the phrase, "all show and no go," eh?

sooo i dont think it is going to be the production model....unless its gunna be like th TRD version offered and limited production

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I don't even know what to say!
I hate the wide body kit/yet not a wide body kit look feels like the fenders were some kind of after thought.

On second thought there is plenty to say now that the stun wore off a bit.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
lol thanks!

And dear lord not only is it bad on the outside.. but the inside looks like its off of a car from the 80's!?! Jeez RESTYLE THE WHOLE CAR AGAIN! BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARDS SCION!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts