Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I just traded in my 06 Maxima for a 10 Forte a couple of weeks ago to save on gas and I love it! Thanks to this forum I learned how to replace all the stock emblems with the K emblem. So far that's all I have really done. I'm looking to upgrade my 15 inch steel wheels to either the Fast Caribbeans or SX Koup rims, paint or vinyl the roof black (I was quoted $300 for a vinyl overlay.... I'm betting I can get paint for that much), and change out to the VG Mark II shark fin antenna. I found the SX rims+wheels on craigslist for $500 so I'm thinking that's a steal of a deal but maybe I should hold out for aftermarket? I like the Drag DR 34/Fast Caribbeans a lot too (although more than 2x the price)... Any body know any good places in the Dallas area for deals on wheels or the roof overlay/paint?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Kia forte Kia motors

Vehicle Auto part Car Steering wheel Automotive wheel system

Technology Electronic device Font

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Welcome fellow texan! :D And as for rims, aftermarket is the way to go, but that's just IMO :D

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Welcome fellow texan! :D And as for rims, aftermarket is the way to go, but that's just IMO :D
the SX KOUP rims are nice as well... WELCOME!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Welcome aboard. You are gonna love the EX. Great job on the badges. Looking forward to your future mods. How far are you from Fas93? She schools all of us on mods.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome to Horde of Forte crazies! Enjoy this place much info and much love!

Peace out!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Welcome...was checking out your pics couldnt help but see what looks like a Dallas Mavs necklace hanging from the mirror.. Boo!! Its all about the SPURS!! :) But besides that glad to have another Texas Member, Im from Austin Myself. Nice looking car by the way!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
have the dealer remove the pin stripe..

then get this lip kit- Roadruns [??? DRESS-UP FULL KIT]

your roof, do vinyl just in case you ever want to get rid of it.

lower it then choose whatever wheels you like.

welcome!!
Wow that kit looks great! I also like the NEF design kit but either/or I'm guessing is a fortune to ship from Korea or Singapore! I'm not sure about body kits or lowering yet because I'm not sure how much I want to spend modding a Kia (no offense - don't kill me!). I bought this car to save money but I still want to make it look a little better. Alloy wheels are a must have though.. Hubcaps make me sad!!

Welcome...was checking out your pics couldnt help but see what looks like a Dallas Mavs necklace hanging from the mirror.. Boo!! Its all about the SPURS!! :) But besides that glad to have another Texas Member, Im from Austin Myself. Nice looking car by the way!
HAHAHA, yes. I'm a big Mavs fan, even more so when Dirk isn't injured. :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I concur. Some of them get down right pissy when you tell them it's a cheap car. LOL
Cheap or not, I love my car! To be honest, I felt a little cheated by Nissan when my old car cost twice as much as my new but didn't have any of the features my Forte came with. Kia is really stepping up their game!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Welcome,

I like the 'thats what she said' sticker.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If your in the DFW area, check with Dave's paint and body in Duncanville for painting the roof. He does good work and reasonable price wise.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts