Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my new Shift Knob and installed it, here's the pics:

I think it looks a lot better than the one that was installed from the factory, it looks like it should have been there in the first place.

·
Registered
51 Posts
it looks good! any links of where you bought it? how do you remove the shift knob?

·
Registered
119 Posts
That's odd that the sedan just comes with that full leather one. On my silver AT Koup my knob looks like your new one except that high gloss black center on yours is Silver on mine.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's odd that the sedan just comes with that full leather one. On my silver AT Koup my knob looks like your new one except that high gloss black center on yours is Silver on mine.
The original knob was actually all plastic, not leather. The new one is leather though. :)

it looks good! any links of where you bought it? how do you remove the shift knob?
I got it off ebay here:
OEM 08 10 Kia Forte AT Glossy Black Gear Shift Knob: eBay Motors (item 170479808320 end time May-30-10 05:53:25 PDT)

It's very easy to remove, the plastic piece under the knob just slides down, and there is a screw that holds the knob in place, then you slide the plastic sheath back over the screw.

Nice choice and good pics.
Thanks! I like it a lot. Matches a lot better, and the feel is much nicer as well.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
that looks good I know I don't have a auto but I like how much it put things more together on your car nice choice there !

·
Registered
526 Posts
I just received my new Shift Knob and installed it, here's the pics:

I think it looks a lot better than the one that was installed from the factory, it looks like it should have been there in the first place.
I agree, that is a good match!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts